Game shutting down exiting to menu

Metal Moss

Re: Game shutting down exiting to menu

Post by Metal Moss »

bosay831 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:25 pm Even if a mod or mods pass testing this does not preclude a MOD conflict between mods installed on your system at the same time. The best way to test for this if possible is to uninstall your most recent installed mods prior to you receiving errors, then install the latest mods one by one until the error occurs again. Once you get to the mod that causes the error to occur you may have found your culprit. Uninstall that mod and see if things go back to working normally or not. If such is the case, you have found the mod you need to skip.
If I have one mod, whether it be from the modhub or anywhere else, doesn't matter what type of mod it is running while exiting to menu, it will exit to desktop. So you don't have this problem?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Metal Moss wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:39 pm

If I have one mod, whether it be from the modhub or anywhere else, doesn't matter what type of mod it is running while exiting to menu, it will exit to desktop. So you don't have this problem?
Same for me if I only have one script mod installed then it happens regardless of which one it is.
bosay831

Post by bosay831 »

Yes. I just started experiencing a similar problem yesterday and I am on console (XSX). Before yesterday I had never experienced any issues with FS 22. The game seems to run fine even with mods until I get to the mods from 12/8/21. I'm trying to figure out which one is causing the issue but there were 20 or so mods release for console yesterday so it will take a while to test. I submitted a ticket to GIANTS and of course they have already responded with a "Unable to reproduce" to my ticket. I work in IT testing, support and QA (Quality Assurance) for my day job so I am very familiar with many industry processes and appears my ticket was shuffled through with a canned response.
USA - Florida - Yes I'm a Florida man but not "that" Florida man...
FS 22 on XBOX Series X because I want to and refuse to pay COVID prices for PC parts
FS19 on PC
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

bosay831 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:16 pm Yes. I just started experiencing a similar problem yesterday and I am on console (XSX)
Sorry to say I'm glad you guys are experiencing it too. Maybe it's on top priority to be fixed. Should be.
Hellacopter

Post by Hellacopter »

SwECLOWN wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:56 pm Have the same issue and it seem to be the a mod issue (cutter fix mod for me to), but if i press backspace and enter instead of clicking "quit game" and "yes" with the mouse i do come back to the main menu.
I have this same problem and I right away began to investigate the issue. Didn't find anything bad (imho) from the logs so I found myself here on this forum and this "trick" works for me. So I have all the mods still installed (40 total) and game crashes to desktop if I use my mouse to click 'EXIT' after saving my game - if I use the backspace button from my keyboard game tries to shutdown but still manages to reach back to main menu. So I will call this "trick" a success. Cheers!
- Nothing runs like a Deere -
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

[/quote] I have this same problem and I right away began to investigate the issue. Didn't find anything bad (imho) from the logs so I found myself here on this forum and this "trick" works for me. So I have all the mods still installed (40 total) and game crashes to desktop if I use my mouse to click 'EXIT' after saving my game - if I use the backspace button from my keyboard game tries to shutdown but still manages to reach back to main menu. So I will call this "trick" a success. Cheers!
[/quote]

Hell yeah, thanks. works for me
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

This backspace then enter "trick" also works for me!!

Yay!!

... You forum people rock!!! :lol: :lol: !!!!
bosay831

Post by bosay831 »

Done a ton of testing but unable to determine which mod is the root cause of issues on XBox. I was able to nail it down to an issue with a mod from 12/7 or 12/8. Deleting all mods and installing mods prior to these dates worked for me and seems to be the solution for some players. You can even run some mods from these dates but it's totally random when/what mod might cause your game to start crashing when installing mods from these dates. Once your game starts crashing though, you will have to start this process all over to get the game running again.
USA - Florida - Yes I'm a Florida man but not "that" Florida man...
FS 22 on XBOX Series X because I want to and refuse to pay COVID prices for PC parts
FS19 on PC
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Update just broke the backspace trick. Thanks giants Can't save shaders anymore with mods enabled.
I started map with no mods enabled, exit to menu went fine, then new shader file were created upon closing game down, deleted the old one.
Need another workaround now with mods
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

Same issue here. Somebody mentioned that only mods outside of the game hub caused this but that’s not true for me. Fortunately it doesn’t corrupt saved games. The biggest issue for me is it doesn’t save shader cache. So if I start a new game, it will crash on exit but each time I reload the game the shader cache hast to build again as well. That’s not good.
Farming since 2013
NicoNine

Post by NicoNine »

It's any mod containing .lua script.
Anyone on PC can test this.

- Go to Modhub and download "Player action camera" for example. That one contain a lua script.
- Start a new game and select only that mod.
- When game is started quit to menu.
- The game will show "Loading" and then crash to desktop.

One big problem with the game crashing is that it doesn't save the "shader cache" to disk for the next time you start it.
Shaders are created during gameplay often noticed as smaller/bigger stutters in this game.
Those are kept in memory until you select quit to desktop from the menu.
Since the game crash with script mods the shader cache will not be updated and you have to create those shaders every time you restart the game.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

NicoNine wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:32 pmOne big problem with the game crashing is that it doesn't save the "shader cache" to disk for the next time you start it.
Shaders are created during gameplay often noticed as smaller/bigger stutters in this game.
Those are kept in memory until you select quit to desktop from the menu.
Since the game crash with script mods the shader cache will not be updated and you have to create those shaders every time you restart the game.
I have the same issue as everyone else here, but you can get it save the shade cache. When you're leaving the game, instead of choosing Exit (backspace) choose Exit to Desktop (C).

This will not only build the shader cache, but will also write the last few lines of the log.

Hope this helps everyone.
Playing on PC
NicoNine

Post by NicoNine »

hpmc13 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:12 pm I have the same issue as everyone else here, but you can get it save the shade cache. When you're leaving the game, instead of choosing Exit (backspace) choose Exit to Desktop (C).

This will not only build the shader cache, but will also write the last few lines of the log.

Hope this helps everyone.
I don't have the option to Exit to desktop only Exit to menu when I'm in a game.
Searched a bit and you can use the console command "q" to quit to desktop. Looks like that one update the shader cache.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

That's odd. When I hit Esc, then get to a page where I can save the game (why the F that isn't persistent on every page I cannot understand) I have the options Save game (Space) Exit (Backspace), and Exit to desktop (C) at the bottom.

Strange that you wouldn't, unless that's a function of my having both -restart and -cheats enabled on my desktop shortcut, as well as having development controls set to "true" in the game.xml file.

-restart skips the movies when opening the game, in case anyone is interested.
Playing on PC
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Thanks NicoNine, the "q" works for updating the shaders.