Head tracking won't enable

lans

Head tracking won't enable

Post by lans »

So, when I first-ran FS22, it asked if I had a tracker. I didn't, but answered affirmative anyway thinking I might give it a go in the future, what harm could it do etc. I found out what harm when using the right joystick on xbox controller in-cab had no effect. So I turned it off via the main menu.

Cut to today, picked up a C270 webcam and thought I'd give opentrack/aitrack a go. They're running fine, I re-enabled head tracking in the main menu, have confirmed that game.xml and gameSettings.xml have the appropriate settings.. but it still won't try. Also, the in-cab still works with the joystick. What am I missing?

Code: Select all

game.xml
	<headTracking active="true" trackir="true" tobiieyex="true"/>
gameSettings.xml
	<isHeadTrackingEnabled>true</isHeadTrackingEnabled>
There's no mention of tracking in the log.
gusttafa

Re: Head tracking won't enable

Post by gusttafa »

Try to go to log.txt and look for "Head Tracking System" and you will have written what software is your game using for head tracking. Its right under devices like steering wheel. Im using Tobii 5 and but I had TrackIR installed on PC. Tobii didnt work until I uninstalled TrackIR because game was choosing TrackIR as main tracking system instead of tobiieyex. Check it out maybe you have some similiar problem