FS22 - Missing Mods Folder

JSullivan95

FS22 - Missing Mods Folder

Post by JSullivan95 »

Hi There.

I purchased Farming Simulator 22 directly through Giants. I have been unable to locate the "mods" folder to install mods.

I have now reinstalled the game 3 different times in different locations (C:\users\[username]\Documents\My Games), (C:\Program Files (x86)) and (D:\). When I first download the game, I go into the folder and there is no "mods" folder. Then, I'll launch the game, install some mods through the in-game ModHub, launch the game and save it, then exit the game. When I go into the folder again there is still no "mods" folder.

I have tried creating a "mods" folder manually and downloading a mod from the ModHub website and then placing it into that new folder. It does not appear when the game is launched. When I do a search through the folder for the mods installed through the in-game ModHub, I am unable to locate those files however they do appear in the game.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Jbates1090

Re: FS22 - Missing Mods Folder

Post by Jbates1090 »

I am also having the same issue. I'm new to pc gaming and this is frustrating, console is much simpler but you can't get half the stuff you can on pc.
AGDProMan

Post by AGDProMan »

I am in the same boat.
Looks like the Dev Team is aware of the issue and hopefully its fixed soon.
RedDirtRanch

Post by RedDirtRanch »

JSullivan95 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:28 pm Hi There.

I purchased Farming Simulator 22 directly through Giants. I have been unable to locate the "mods" folder to install mods.

I have now reinstalled the game 3 different times in different locations (C:\users\[username]\Documents\My Games), (C:\Program Files (x86)) and (D:\). When I first download the game, I go into the folder and there is no "mods" folder. Then, I'll launch the game, install some mods through the in-game ModHub, launch the game and save it, then exit the game. When I go into the folder again there is still no "mods" folder.

I have tried creating a "mods" folder manually and downloading a mod from the ModHub website and then placing it into that new folder. It does not appear when the game is launched. When I do a search through the folder for the mods installed through the in-game ModHub, I am unable to locate those files however they do appear in the game.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hey there, so not sure if you have the issue resolved yet but your first location, C:user/documents/mygames/farmingsimulator22 is the spot. You must first launch the game, save, then exit out for the mod folder to be created. Only if your directory is different should you have that appear anywhere else. Hope this helps.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

There is also a post which explains where to find the user-specific FarmingSimulator2022 folder which contains the mods folder and other useful stuff: viewtopic.php?f=987&t=174977
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Cormicper

Post by Cormicper »

Did u find it? If not, i can help you as it took me a minute to find it with the steam version
thepopeofpoland

Post by thepopeofpoland »

Cormicper wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:40 am Did u find it? If not, i can help you as it took me a minute to find it with the steam version
Can you post where it is for the steam version?

There's a mod pack that I want that the creator doesn't want to put it on the mod hub so I gotta figure out where to put the mod.
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\mods
Andre_kloeffe

Post by Andre_kloeffe »

I have the same problem, I don't find the folder. Please help us!

Thank you
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

As mentioned before there is a post which explains how to find the FarmingSimulator2022 folder which contains the mods folder: viewtopic.php?f=987&t=174977
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
Andre_kloeffe

Post by Andre_kloeffe »

don_apple wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:57 am As mentioned before there is a post which explains how to find the FarmingSimulator2022 folder which contains the mods folder: viewtopic.php?f=987&t=174977

I try to find it like you say. But even then I don't find it. I just have a folder with 'Contents'.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Which OS are you playing on and which version of the game are you using (Steam/Epic/Direct purchase from GIANTS/DVD)?
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
Andre_kloeffe

Post by Andre_kloeffe »

don_apple wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:34 pm Which OS are you playing on and which version of the game are you using (Steam/Epic/Direct purchase from GIANTS/DVD)?
macOS Montery version 12.0.1, I play the 1.2 update, I download the game yesterday on Steam
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

OK, as far as I know for the Steam version on macOS the FarmingSimulator2022 folder (which contains the mods folder and other important files for the game) should be located at

Code: Select all

/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator<version>
"/Users/<your username/" is the 'home directory of the user you are logged in as, which is the directory where the "Documents", "Downloads", "Movies", "Pictures", ... folders are located. It is also shown with the icon of a little house in the "Favourites" sidebar when you open a new Finder window.

By default the "Library" folder in your user home directory might be hidden, therefore you won't be able to see it or use the search function of the Finder to find it. To make it visible please have a look at https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/reveal ... -in-macos/

When you have found the right library folder you should be able to see the "Application Support" folder that contains the "FarmingSimulator2022" folder.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
Andre_kloeffe

Post by Andre_kloeffe »

don_apple wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:50 pm OK, as far as I know for the Steam version on macOS the FarmingSimulator2022 folder (which contains the mods folder and other important files for the game) should be located at

Code: Select all

/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator<version>
"/Users/<your username/" is the 'home directory of the user you are logged in as, which is the directory where the "Documents", "Downloads", "Movies", "Pictures", ... folders are located. It is also shown with the icon of a little house in the "Favourites" sidebar when you open a new Finder window.

By default the "Library" folder in your user home directory might be hidden, therefore you won't be able to see it or use the search function of the Finder to find it. To make it visible please have a look at https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/reveal ... -in-macos/

When you have found the right library folder you should be able to see the "Application Support" folder that contains the "FarmingSimulator2022" folder.
I got it :biggrin2: Really thank you!!!!!