FS22 - Corrupt trees and smeared night graphics

Anorax

FS22 - Corrupt trees and smeared night graphics

Post by Anorax »

Our FS group has experienced some bugs on our Elm Creek map. We only run the official Giants mods and the Government Subsidy mod.

1. We have an issue with tree graphics corrupting when cut down. The tree graphic distorts and we cannot remove the tree. Also these corrupt trees can also cause the game to crash if we stand near them. Example - https://imgur.com/a/TSFFMCi
2. We are all experiencing smeared graphics at night when moving the view when looking at the sky with objects in the foreground. It only occurs at night and we have tried different graphics settings but have not been able to resolve. Example - https://imgur.com/a/sv64hIh

Is there a mod available that can forcefully remove objects like corrupt trees?
EJ_Modding

Re: FS22 - Corrupt trees and smeared night graphics

Post by EJ_Modding »

I too have seen the same thing with trees 8 new games later and the trees are doing the same thing they did in FS15.

Cut down the tree behind the barn on Elm Creek and since I wasn't really interested in logging I decided to try the mulcher out and the tree corrupted into a bunch of different triangles.

Tried this 8 different times so it's easily replicated :)

I tried different graphics modes from low to very high and same results.

I cannot believe how bad this release of the game has been, someone needs to find a different line of work :)
mercurae3

Post by mercurae3 »

I had the same issue as well. I found mulching the tree works fine to remove it. Obviously that doesn't work if you're actually trying to do forestry, but it works for at least removing bugged trees.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Is the mulcher the T-Rex like tracked thing? I have a couple of trees that I want removed because they’re in the way but I’m not fussed about earning from them.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

Anorax wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:08 am Our FS group has experienced some bugs on our Elm Creek map. We only run the official Giants mods and the Government Subsidy mod.

1. We have an issue with tree graphics corrupting when cut down. The tree graphic distorts and we cannot remove the tree. Also these corrupt trees can also cause the game to crash if we stand near them. Example - https://imgur.com/a/TSFFMCi
2. We are all experiencing smeared graphics at night when moving the view when looking at the sky with objects in the foreground. It only occurs at night and we have tried different graphics settings but have not been able to resolve. Example - https://imgur.com/a/sv64hIh

The smeared visuals are coming from DLSS, and as far as i've read DLAA. I switched to TAA until it's resolved, which will hopefully be soon.
WiryMatteo1994

Post by WiryMatteo1994 »

The blurry graphic is becouse of DLLS/DLAA try to deactivate it.
Skipper0721

Post by Skipper0721 »

Have the same issue with trees on PS4. Took me about an hour to eventually remove one tree. Then i found that wherever the mulcher attachment had been lowered, is now a field. So i have odd looking patches all over my roads, and a few in the middle of the stream.
Also when moving between fields i have the screen, or sections of it, flash black. Fairly constant while driving.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Thanks for the advice all. We will turn off DLSS. As for the tree we've tried using the grinder attachment but it does not work on this particular corrupt tree. It works fine on others. We've pushed the frankenstein tree to the edge of the map until we can work out which save file we need to edit to delete it.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Anorax wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:08 am Our FS group has experienced some bugs on our Elm Creek map. We only run the official Giants mods and the Government Subsidy mod.

Haven't had the tree problem yet but the smeared graphics seems to be an issue with Nvidia DLSS or DLAA at least for me and it is much more noticeable at night with lights on a dark background.
mercurae3

Post by mercurae3 »

chale8 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:06 pm Is the mulcher the T-Rex like tracked thing? I have a couple of trees that I want removed because they’re in the way but I’m not fussed about earning from them.
I used the TMC Cancela TFK 200 mulcher under "Forestry Equipment" mounted on a tractor. Another user said they weren't able to mulch the bugged tree but it worked for me.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

mercurae3 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:07 am
chale8 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:06 pm Is the mulcher the T-Rex like tracked thing? I have a couple of trees that I want removed because they’re in the way but I’m not fussed about earning from them.
I used the TMC Cancela TFK 200 mulcher under "Forestry Equipment" mounted on a tractor. Another user said they weren't able to mulch the bugged tree but it worked for me.
Thank you, I’ll try that. :)
ke003

Post by ke003 »

Hi, everyone, has this issue been resolved? I have the same issue with trees. Massive blobs all over the show.
aceboyz

Post by aceboyz »

ke003 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:07 pm Hi, everyone, has this issue been resolved? I have the same issue with trees. Massive blobs all over the show.
Nope the issue is still with us, although after reading the above comments I have found the mulcher will destroy trees easily. This issue only seems to happen on the PS5 if your cutting them up with the chainsaw
charlie7887

Post by charlie7887 »

Same her with the Trees on PC
gioFarmer2

Post by gioFarmer2 »

I have the same problem of deforming trees, I am playing the Alpine map, the problem becomes worse when I cut the oaks and willows