painted Grass not regrowing

Rick76

painted Grass not regrowing

Post by Rick76 »

Painted Grass does Not Regrow
Rick76

Re: painted Grass not regrowing

Post by Rick76 »

When you paint Grass on Landscaping, it wount regrow after being cut by mowers.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

I have found the same, using the grass and dry grass texture when landscape painting no grass grows on it like it did in fs19, so you just get the flat texture and no grass.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Redeye1960

Post by Redeye1960 »

In the landscaping screen you can select sculpting, painting, trees and plants. Under plants you will find grass. (and oyher plants)
FS 22 PC (with handcontroler PS4)

PC specs: Processor i5 9600K, RAM 16 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz, Video ASUS Strix Force RTX 2070 super OC, Monitor LG 27GL850
Vaupell

Post by Vaupell »

Redeye1960 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 am In the landscaping screen you can select sculpting, painting, trees and plants. Under plants you will find grass. (and oyher plants)
Yes, i agree.

This is a great feature, that allows us to create nice scenarious where grass is even coming up through broken concrete etc.
The painting also allows me to create nice areas with short(greengrass) that i don't have to cut.

So to OP, remember when you paint., IT's ONLY PAINT, you still need to add the grass afterwards, when you do that it regrows :D
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Redeye1960 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 am In the landscaping screen you can select sculpting, painting, trees and plants. Under plants you will find grass. (and oyher plants)
so they have found a way to make us do something twice, place the texture then place the grass, what a step backwards, as you are really going to want to paint a "grass" texture without 3d grass, and on top of that charge an absurd cost of 50 per area!
DRandi

Post by DRandi »

I think it’s a good feature. I use it frequently around door, pathways, trails, or other transition areas. I paint dirt at my greenhouse doorways, then transition to painted grass transitioned to painted grass with actual growing grass.

I did the same in 19, but just clicked the landscape smooth/blend button to remove to foliage and leave the paint. 22 you can accomplish this easier.

This is just like my real lawn. Heavy foot traffic kills the lawn to dirt. As the foot traffic disperses, there is grass, but beaten down.
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

the topic is, that it dont regrow..
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I regrows in my game, what version of the game do you use? I use v1.1.1.0
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

DRandi wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:05 pm I think it’s a good feature. I use it frequently around door, pathways, trails, or other transition areas. I paint dirt at my greenhouse doorways, then transition to painted grass transitioned to painted grass with actual growing grass.

I did the same in 19, but just clicked the landscape smooth/blend button to remove to foliage and leave the paint. 22 you can accomplish this easier.

This is just like my real lawn. Heavy foot traffic kills the lawn to dirt. As the foot traffic disperses, there is grass, but beaten down.
it is NOT an improvement with respect to the edging of created fields due to the areas/lengths involved and having to do it twice, sure it may be an improvement with dealing with small localised area like greenhouse doorways, but you could do much the same in FS19 with little effort.

edge a 2m x 200m area with grass cost a farcical ~20k
DRandi

Post by DRandi »

Cost aside,you can paint large swaths easily. N,M keys enlarge the paint brush size for plants too. I have already painted acres in just moments in game. Works exactly the same as 19, just different keys now.

Far as edging a field, a little more work in that regard, but still easily doable.
Thingo

Post by Thingo »

Nope my Painted grass dont grow
I just think they made the same mistake again. Fs19 had the same problem until the first update