Giants - You should be embarrassed

EVGAFTW

Re: Giants - You should be embarrassed

Post by EVGAFTW »

I too am dissatisfied with my purchase.

Also, for anyone to say "burn your pc" or that you have too much salt in your diet. There must be a pretty serious reason to do so.

For the record, we all paid $60 for a game that has the same bugs on multiple platforms. The biggest issue being the contracts for me. I'm on Xbox this go around. So I don't have the resources to edit an xml file that frankly should have been generated on realistic harvestable amounts to begin with.

With the amount of time between last release and this one. (3 years) There was enough time to properly test an RC. Considering that major parts of the game were addons from FS19. Meaning the core of the game is there already. I know of much more major games developed in less time with less issues.

I paid $60 for an Xbox beta game. Maybe do a preview next time. Let people play the game and submit bugs for free. With an option for a day one discount. Instead of having us wait for the first patch before we can actually play the game.

Might as well be playing Fallout 76.
ampm

Post by ampm »

There are bugs, some pretty bad, but nothing too bad. I’m sure they are working on getting it fixed up and will release a patch soon.
s14685e

Post by s14685e »

Purchased digital download last Friday for PC and still have not been able to play. Have it on PS4(pre-ordered) and wanted to play with my sons.
Any customer support email is replied with an auto response, even when I reply to their email. I understand there will be issues but auto response to any inquiries is useless.
Hardcoreadhd

Post by Hardcoreadhd »

I cannot believe there are people on this thread defending the game developers. As if they had nothing else to do but put this together right. You cannot do contracts of certain types, you cannot get working items in the game, you cannot sell products made in the game. Kind of like buying a car that works only some of the time. you can drive it to work but cannot use it to drive to the store or visit friends. Relatives you can visit, especially the mother-in-law, but no one else. It will not work if your wife is driving it. Do not put any suitcases in it or it will not drive either. There should have been more development and less get it out to the public. Your development team (or whoever was responsible) dropped the ball giants - BIG TIME!

Fixing it should be a major priority above anything else. Not an - oh give them time to fix it - either
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Giants, you need to step up and admit that you screwed up here.

I can appreciate the limits of a restricted testing environment.
You can never test every possible combination of hardware and even if you could there would be an unlimited number of software and driver combinations.
More users playing the game means more chances of finding bugs.
The great wild public using the game in ways not intended will ALWAYS find more issues then employee's who understand how the game is intended to be played and play it in that manner.

But I do hope that you appreciate the other side of the story here.

You are not an indie developer doing early release style development.
Your game isn't a $10 game where low quality is acceptable.

You are releasing a premium game. It's not only one of the most expensive games I have in my entire catalog, but on par with being the most expensive pieces of software of any type that I own.
And on top of that, it is a game that has thousands of dollars of hardware that was all acquired purely for this one game series.
Now that the game supports real manual gear boxs, something that should not have taken you over 10 years to implement, I'm looking to buy more hardware for the game (an additional gear selector so I can select gears AND ranges correctly with dual gear sticks).

But a 1 second delay between turning my steering wheel controller and the game reacting to that input is not acceptable in ANY circumstance. I do understand how the internet and multiplayer works. Lag happens, I get it.
But you should also know that and develop ways to deal with it.

And given that it is a NEW issue that wasn't present in FS19, what the hell have you done?

You have somehow managed to make the game WORSE whilst adding new features.

Do you want to pat yourselves on the back for finally implementing seasons? Guess who else implemented seasons into a farming game, Maxis did. back in 1993. 15 years before your company ever existed.
A game in a low resolution 2D game being played on a 486 had features that you have only just NOW implemented.

And it wasn't even your own idea OR work. It took some modders in the community to do all the work before you offered to work with them to build it into the base game.

Hey, tell you what new feature you might think about including in THIS version, as a FREE update.
Roaming interact-able animals.

You build fences, the same procedural way you now support. You then buy a water trough, feed trough etc and place them inside your newly fenced off paddock. You buy some animals and put them in the paddock.
If you forget to close the game, they walk out and around town. Maybe they break through the fence, causing damage you need to repair BUT also escaping.
And before you tell me that it's too hard to do it. There are indie game developers who ARE doing this right now.

Oh and that old game from 1993, IT HAD THIS BASIC FEATURE.
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

Ratomas wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:06 am First off, as a software developer myself, no amount of testing can compare to user testing. If it is that big of a problem for you to just report a bug and move on, then perhaps you should uninstall the game and burn your console/PC, because no one needs you complaining nonstop about something that just required a bug ticket.
Really, dude? Exaggerate much?
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

I'm back after a week's vacation courtesy of Chaki (I expected it). I do appreciate you (Chaki) culling the comments and not deleting the thread.

I also appreciate those of you who commented in here with constructive feedback and/or your concerns and disappointment(s). I still stand by my original comments in that Giants should be embarrassed. Even more so now that I have more time in this broken POS of a game. So disappointed in what we got, given the fact this is ALL they do, and they had an extra year to work on it. Those of you who give them a pass are the reason these games are released incomplete and broken (and it will only get worse). Like I said earlier, they released a game for a console that DIDN'T EVEN WORK on said console, so your "they can't test for all variations of hardware" comments are invalid.

If you see this as whining, you are not getting the gist of this thread. Not once have I asked for a refund. In fact, I have purchased this game twice; one for me and one for a private server we plan on using for competitive multi-player (yes, that exists). I expect more from a company whose sole focus is farming simulators.

And here we are, over two weeks since release without any sort of update. Too busy patting themselves on the back I guess.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

CTJocko wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:29 amAnd here we are, over two weeks since release without any sort of update. Too busy patting themselves on the back I guess.
The consoles will need the patches submitted for testing to Microsoft/Sony before a co-ordinated release.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

CTJocko wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:29 am I'm back after a week's vacation courtesy of Chaki (I expected it). I do appreciate you (Chaki) culling the comments and not deleting the thread.
Maybe if the "community team" were to actually communicate with us then customers frustrations would not build up so much.I fully expected the game too have issues upon release, what I had hoped would be different from 19 was that we would have better communication coming from Giants this time around.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

I'm sure when they've got something worth communicating, they will.
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:20 am Maybe if the "community team" were to actually communicate with us then customers frustrations would not build up so much.I fully expected the game too have issues upon release, what I had hoped would be different from 19 was that we would have better communication coming from Giants this time around.
I think anyone who has played this series (or any game in the last 10 years) expected issues upon release. I don't think we expected so many issues, and just complete laziness and incompetence that is clear in this release. The problem is, there are so many "magicboy" types who are willing to make excuses, this will only get worse. It doesn't help they are the Amazon of the farm sim world, where they can easily say, don't like it - don't buy it.
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:35 am I'm sure when they've got something worth communicating, they will.
"Sorry", I'm pretty sure THAT'S worth communicating.

Reassurance is so important, that medical professional's are taught to talk to their patients from the moment paramedics arrive on scene, all the way to being released from care AND to do so even if the patient is unconscious.

You can be sure that the paramedic doesn't know what the issue is when they first make contact. But they introduce themselves, tell you they are going to look after you and start asking you questions.

Why can't Giants respond officially and say "we acknowledge your complaints and are investigating further"?
No admission of guilt, no promises, it just let's us know they are looking into it and calms things down a little bit.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

They are very good at communicating when they have something too sell or promote......
QAnon17

Post by QAnon17 »

Farmerdero wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:59 pm ....(name one game that has come out in the last 10 years that hasn't had issues)...
Aside from the story and character development, I'd have to say TLOU2 on PlayStation.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

FiremanDJ wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:19 am
MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:35 am I'm sure when they've got something worth communicating, they will.
"Sorry", I'm pretty sure THAT'S worth communicating.

Reassurance is so important, that medical professional's are taught to talk to their patients from the moment paramedics arrive on scene, all the way to being released from care AND to do so even if the patient is unconscious.

You can be sure that the paramedic doesn't know what the issue is when they first make contact. But they introduce themselves, tell you they are going to look after you and start asking you questions.

Why can't Giants respond officially and say "we acknowledge your complaints and are investigating further"?
No admission of guilt, no promises, it just let's us know they are looking into it and calms things down a little bit.
Playing Farming Simulator 22 isn't life and death. :confusednew: