Giants - You should be embarrassed

Agricola57

Re: Giants - You should be embarrassed

Post by Agricola57 »

[/end riot]
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

Agricola57 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:36 pm [/end riot]
There's no riot here. Just a couple of trolls who think they are cute behind the safety of a keyboard. I'm sure they are nothing but cowards in the real world. They just don't have it in them to leave well enough alone *thumbsup*

The only good thing about them is they keep this thread on the front page for more to see :mrgreen:
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CTJocko wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:41 pm
There's no riot here. Just a couple of trolls who think they are cute behind the safety of a keyboard. I'm sure they are nothing but cowards in the real world. They just don't have it in them to leave well enough alone *thumbsup*

The only good thing about them is they keep this thread on the front page for more to see :mrgreen:
I’m always happy to meet for coffee, discuss coding, etc...

😀
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:53 am

😀
I would really like that but unless you're willing to come to Colorado I don't see that happening. I don't need to drink coffee or discuss coding with you but I'm sure we could think of something.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CTJocko wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:04 am
I would really like that but unless you're willing to come to Colorado I don't see that happening. I don't need to drink coffee or discuss coding with you but I'm sure we could think of something.
Cool. Water is nice too.

I’m in Brisbane, so if you’re here look me up.

As a seasoned traveller, Colorado is high up on my list of destinations.

Enjoy your day 😀
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:37 am

Cool. Water is nice too.

I’m in Brisbane, so if you’re here look me up.

As a seasoned traveller, Colorado is high up on my list of destinations.

Enjoy your day 😀
You should make the trip... I'd be happy to show you a thing or two. *thumbsup*
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CTJocko wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:39 am You should make the trip... I'd be happy to show you a thing or two. *thumbsup*
😁 ... thanks. If when able to easily travel again (??) you may be needing to do that.

Until then ... Happy Farming, bugs and all!!! 😁

EDIT: may you and anyone who is affected by those wild-fires in Colorado be safe.
Last edited by Dezza69 on Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:57 am
😁 ... thanks. If when able to easily travel again (??) you may be needing to do that.

Until then ... Happy Farming, bugs and all!!! 😁
Back at ya!
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CTJocko wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:11 am
I'll plan for it... now leave my thread until you have something to actually contribute *thumbsup*

... just a FYI:

it’s a public forum, and when I did originally contribute to this thread suggesting I’d be happy to play your bug free game, all your replies to me were removed by the moderators because they ... weren’t very pleasent ... :lol: :lol:
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:15 am
CTJocko wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:11 am
I'll plan for it... now leave my thread until you have something to actually contribute *thumbsup*

... just a FYI:

it’s a public forum, and when I did originally contribute to this thread suggesting I’d be happy to play your bug free game, all your replies to me were removed by the moderators because they ... weren’t very pleasent ... :lol: :lol:
I agree, it's a public forum. That means I can post a thread directed at no one but the developer calling them out for what I see as laziness and incompetence. Your first reply was to tell me to develop my own sim and call it the "whinge simulator". That was a troll move and you know it. I wasn't whining nor was I looking for a cheering section. This is their (Giants) forum and the only place I knew to make the post. I didn't see it as whining, just letting them know what a paying customer thought of their product. You came at me, so I came back. I've never been good very good at backing down... sorry.

Now, once again, the thread has been derailed. This is not the intent of the thread.

Edit: luckily the fires are far north of me. We did have our share of them locally in the last 8 years here though! Appreciate your concern. I had a buddy lose his house in one of the local fires. Not the best time of year to be homeless here in Colorado.
liquidsteel

Post by liquidsteel »

Hefilump wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:10 am
liquidsteel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:56 pm obviously a lot of bugs but was playable, that changed with 1.2 brought excessive lag. was unplayable, then 1.2.02 was a game breaker every save made after last patch ctd at 22% loading. mod or no mods same thing, even starting a new map the game loads fine, i can literally play for hours, but every save in this patch is corrupted, mods or no mods , when i exit the game a continue the game ctd at 22% . so basically i cant play it untill its fixed. lost count how many times iv verified files.
I'm getting this as well. Tried it with no mods, some mods, base games but every now and then 'bang' we get to 22% load and crashes out.

Then you have to reboot the PC and try again - sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

Have reloaded drivers, changed graphics setting and quality. Have even stripped and reloaded the base game but no difference.

The updated base game you download is v1.2, not 1.2.0.2 as claimed and the time to download the patch is appalling.

I am going back to FS19 and will wait until sometime later this year to see if they have fixed things.

Giants - you had an extra year to get this right. What happened? *thumbsdown*
check this this totally fixed it for me, i have to totally turn off avast when playing
Re: FS 22 loading screen stucks on 21% and crashes
Post by Sloucher » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 pm

Ok I found a solution that worked for me. My anti-virus (Avast) was causing the issue and cause the game to miss the terrain.heightmap file. De-active the anti virus when saving the game and it should save fine.
To "fix" a save file you have to replace the terrain.heightmap png file that is missing from old save. Note this may not work if you have changed the map to much in your save, but you can try the following.
1. Verify the Terrain.heightmap png file is missing Document->My games->Farming simulator 22->Savegame(Old Save) the saves are numbered form left to right as they appear in the game.
2. De-activate anti virus
2. Create new game on the same map
3. Go to Document->My games->Farming simulator 22->Savegames(New Save) Copy the terrain.heightmap from there
4. Paste in the "old" save file your wishing to save.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CTJocko wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:28 am Your first reply was to tell me to develop my own sim and call it the "whinge simulator". That was a troll move and you know it. I wasn't whining nor was I looking for a cheering section. This is their (Giants) forum and the only place I knew to make the post. I didn't see it as whining, just letting them know what a paying customer thought of their product. You came at me, so I came back. I've never been good very good at backing down... sorry.

Now, once again, the thread has been derailed. This is not the intent of the thread.

... as a developer who loves a good whinge, I thought my suggestion would be a million-selling award winner for you, and that I’d offered a free (albeit maybe a bit silly/stupid - but it did have a few :lol: ‘s next to it) idea which I could actually help you realise, hopefully bug free... Was hoping to get on your dev team!

And Goat Simulator is very popular, for example. ...

:lol:

Anyways, originally I kinda thought a response from you less rude/crudely abusive and more light-hearted humorous (like my original reply which the humour obviously went over your head) which did/does not require removal by the moderators would have been more appropriate and less “de-railing” of the thread topic “Giants - you should be embarrased”.

Enjoy your day.

Stay safe, may you be healthy.
Nech

Post by Nech »

Back on topic -
Having patched to the latest versions I can safely say by reading all the later posts in the Tech Support forum that Giants have an awful lot of work still to do that I think should have been non issues prior to full release. I get it's holiday season but if you're gong to release a game at this time of year make sure it's been tested as much as possible first. I'm still very disappointed and more so because they managed to break even more things when putting out that 1.2 patch.
The next paid DLC should now be free to all those that have been trying to play since launch as a very small compensation.
But this is just my personal opinion.
Cheers..........Nech
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:53 am
CTJocko wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:41 pm

😀
Ditto. CTJocko has to promise not to hulk smash the table like it's his poor keyboard though when he can't handle the truth.
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:42 am
Anyways, originally I kinda thought a response from you less rude/crudely abusive and more light-hearted humorous (like my original reply which the humour obviously went over your head) which did/does not require removal by the moderators would have been more appropriate and less “de-railing” of the thread topic “Giants - you should be embarrased”.

Enjoy your day.

Stay safe, may you be healthy.
You were trying to be cute and get accolades from the other fanbois like magicboi by slinging an insult. Let's not try to act like you were doing anything other than that, smileys or not. This routine is old hat and reading through a couple of your other posts, like magicboi, it's clear you are a troll and were trolling. There are plenty of other posts in this thread where people said they were ok with the game without slinging insults and, as you can see, it was left at that.

Are you Giants??? If you are, then yes you should be embarrassed. If you are not Giants, but a developer who is ok with releasing something as broken as this game is/was, then yes you should be embarrassed. Remember, it didn't even work on a (fixed system) console it was released for. How do you defend something like that :lol: :lol: :confusednew:

I stand behind all of my posts, including the deleted ones. I'm not sure if you can even drink coffee as it still seems you may still have something stuck... Stay healthy to you too, but you may want to get that looked at. :lol: <<<smiley face, so it's ok right?
Last edited by CTJocko on Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.