False hitbox of trees

Axlha

False hitbox of trees

Post by Axlha »

the hitbox of trees is much larger than the visual one

If you load a wooden trailer with wood, you can see a lot of empty space.
when driving a crane you have to open the tongs much wider than the tree is tall

Giants, please, make the hitbox as big as the tree looks

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
lexiontech

Re: False hitbox of trees

Post by lexiontech »

This is a huge issue, just moved the tree in the middle of the starting farm on elm creek and I darn near gave up on the game it took so long to move that one tree to the sawmill. Cut it up only to find I couldn’t grab half of the pieces with grapple due to hit boxes being messed up. Then started cutting into smaller pieces to load into pickup by hand and found you cannot stack neatly at all in the pickup box, you can get a few on the bottom and then the next ones just start floating way above the first layer. Also had many pieces that kept saying too heavy to lift until they just disappeared because I had finally cut them so small, what a frustrating experience. Not to mention pickup handles very poorly when loaded with any wood in the box and tips over. Would be nice to just be able to demolish trees in the build mode or at least give a decent area to be able to build a farm that is flat and not full of random trees
Zuiron90

Re: False hitbox of trees

Post by Zuiron90 »

i think this change is due to all the weirdness around pickup up trees from fs19 and also all its weird glitches. its ALOT easier now however tradeoff seems to be they had to change the collision mesh. i dont know. giants should respond. but tbh it seems way too big of a hitbox it is like you say ALOOOOOT of space between logs its silly.