FS22 Creating fence mods

MichalLS

FS22 Creating fence mods

Post by MichalLS »

Hello, I would like to ask if anyone has already tried to create a fence modification or knows how this modification works. I wanted to move my fence to FS22, it was a modification to FS19, but it doesn't work as it should. From what I found in the game files, fences requires three XML files. I made analogous XML files and added moddesc to them. I can see fences in the in-game store, but I cannot place / build / buy them. At the same time, the cursor from placing objects is not visible at all. As far as I know, the modification must have two UVs. And besides, the model / texture must have a gradient? Would anyone be able to help?
olahaldor

Re: FS22 Creating fence mods

Post by olahaldor »

I have the same issue as you.
It reminds me of how the shop worked in FS19. It wouldn't let you use a custom shop i3d file unless you used a script, which defeats the purpose when the system is already in place.

The custom fence works as long as I reference default files in default file structure ($data/placeables/lizard/fence...)
Once you use your own files, it doesn't even load the i3d file of your custom fence mod. If you check the log, it loads the different default fences the instant you click their store icons.

So for now I don't see this working until they patch the game/engine. :neutralnew: