Better time scale mod does not work

Huia

Better time scale mod does not work

Post by Huia »

Time scale still goes from 0.5 to 120, but I cannot go faster using better time scale mod.
Any advice?
juf.de

Re: Better time scale mod does not work

Post by juf.de »

did you activate the mod in your current safegame and did you use the correct keys?
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Huia

Post by Huia »

yes i did
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

juf.de wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:56 pm [..] did you use the correct keys?
Looking at the source-code for this mod, it appears to NOT use the user's bindable control actions for increasing/decreasing time-scale.

The source-code is actually only checking against hard-coded keyboard keys '7' and '8'. - So technically the mod's description is correct, but it kind of defeats its usability, when a user rebinds control actions to different keys.

@RasKjeldsen
Please consider improving your mod, to make it use actual control actions - i.e. InputAction.INCREASE_TIMESCALE and InputAction.DECREASE_TIMESCALE, or some new custom ones you define in ModDesc.xml <inputBinding> & <actions>.

Example of, why scripts/mods with hard-coded keys should be avoided:
I have rebinded the increasing/decreasing time-scale actions to <Left-Shift><8> and <Left-Shift><7> to suit my style of play, just for avoiding when I want to press <9>, that if I miss the key and instead presses <8>, then at least the time-scale won't be affected.
marcelmmx

Post by marcelmmx »

Does not work for me with the default keys or any other :(
val7456

Post by val7456 »

For people with an azerty keyboard layout, you need to press Left Shift + 7 and Left Shift + 8 to make it work