PSA - Price Instability During Save Game

dan1108

PSA - Price Instability During Save Game

Post by dan1108 »

Hi All,

With all the hubub about crop prices, I discovered another issue to me, and wanted to share with all as this is a humdinger. I've opened a ticket with Giants.

Summary

Price Instability During Save Game

Description

While trying to figure out when I could sell my crops for best price, I noticed that if I saved the game, and reloaded, the prices change sometimes, and sometimes radical in nature. Up to 30% I have seen. This is also related to an issue I have a theory about, where FFDing time, either x120 or up to x2000 using the Fast Time mod, the prices are not shown correctly. However, that is a different, "possible" issue which I can't conclude until this save game issue is addressed. I have further noticed that when a price is trending up or down, saving the game and reload will eliminate the price trend and the price will change greatly. Quite possibly to the high or low point that the trend was targetting.

Steps To Reproduce

Elm Creek (should happen on any map but haven't tested)
Start Farm Manager (Should happen in any mode)
Observe prices of various crops - I have only looked at wheat and silage for my observations
Observe a crop which currently is trending up or down
FFD time with x120 for 1 hour
Look at prices again - they have not changed

save game
quit game
reload game (sometimes quit game returns/kills FS to Desktop, sometimes not - no idea if this is related, but possible)
reload game

At this point you will see that some prices have changed. Not all, but some.

Additional Information

This is all related to the wild price fluctuations people are seeing. If save game is not saving prices and trends correctly, this is certainly the first and most import problem to fix.