Verify Installation Still not working, getting annoyed

dengel8

Verify Installation Still not working, getting annoyed

Post by dengel8 »

Giants, I am starting to wish I saved my $60 to buy something else rather than this new game. I've been a player since FS13 and have never had an issue like this. Every time I open the game it sits there saying parsing files for updates and then after 5 minutes it says all download servers down. I contacted support early this week and they said your servers were overloaded and to try again later. I have tried multiple times per day and it has been over a week now since I first downloaded this game. I think this is ridiculous and instead of worrying about releasing more content for the game you should focus on repairing the issues that prevent me from loading into the game within a timely matter first. I am appalled at your lack of support and I think that you can do much better. For now I am stuck waiting over 5 minutes just to launch the game. And no I'm not going to uninstall and re install because yet again due to your terrible servers I am not waiting 2 days to download a game. Yes my internet speed is good, all my other downloads are stupid fast. I am highly disappointed in the way you have handled every aspect of this launch and cannot say that I plan on buying another game from you in the future. You have bugs that should have been fixed well before launch not to mention the multiplayer issue, but that's for another time. I plan to request a refund and stick to playing fs19 for the foreseeable future. Oh and another nice feature would be to just make the update file available for download like in past versions of the game because I can see there is an option for manual update in the launcher. Auto updater works like &#*! and if you would release the file for download so we can manually update that would be great. Sorry for the rant but I cannot handle your terrible support anymore. Congrats on losing a customer, you did great
johannesaxelsson

Re: Verify Installation Still not working, getting annoyed

Post by johannesaxelsson »

I still have the same problem. Emailed Giants twice and get a robot response that don't help. The game is a buggy unfinished mess and the support is nonexistent. I regret buying it. Been playing every game since 09.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

hello I also had the same problem I tried several times to install the 1.2 with the giants launcher, waiting for hours. I downloaded the updated game I uninstalled 1.1 and installed version 1.2 at the first start does a quick check and everything comes back ok
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

After installing the Claas DLC the game will not start again.
The updater shows up one second and quits.
"Verify Installation" is not working.
How do i remove the Claas DLC?
Reinstall the game?
Last edited by Agricola57 on Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

I found something and it worked out for me:
R-click on game-icon (properties/ compatability) Remove marker "Start as Administrator" and remove marker "Compatabilitymode"
Now i could start the game holding shift and double click.
And now there was the button "Verify Installation"
After a couple of minutes verification, the game started.
And everything was still there.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
bombom677

Post by bombom677 »

I found that there is a bypass for the launcher/updater if you are still having this issue, I know I am.

Just go to your games install folder, so likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2022
In there, go to the x64 folder, and you'll see a FarmingSimulator22Game.exe application with the red Giants logo.
Simply create a shortcut of that and place on your desktop, or pin that to your start menu and you can launch the game that way.

It would be best though if we could get this issue with the launcher fixed so that we wouldn't have to redownload the entire game to update. Not to mention that download speeds are extremely throttled, causing me to have to download over an entire day/night.