Serious translation errors (FS22/19)

kaiserx

Serious translation errors (FS22/19)

Post by kaiserx »

Hello There,

I am writing to behalf of the Farming Simulator Turkey Community about a translation issue that players are exposed to, as well as Giants official Turkish Partner Hasan Öfke (Simulasyon Turk) is very sad for the mistakes. In Turkish translations of Farming Simulator 22/19 there are translation errors from versions FS15 and FS17 for a while and they are at a level that will negatively affect the gameplay and even seriously disrupt it. Most of these error are copy-pasted from old version translations they are quite a lot even in FS22 and break motivation of the players. There are more than 600 incorrect lines that I have detected in the translation file of FS19. Simply I can give an example of one of these absurd translations such as the translation of ''DRYGRASS'' a filltype that we use lot;

Code: Select all

<e k="fillType_dryGrass" v="4) Pulluklar, sabanlar ve ot kurutma makineleri gibi araçlar."/>  
here the word 'Drygrass' which is the Turkish equivalent of 'Kuru Ot' is mentioned as the description of the plow tool. This disrupts the gameplay on all menus, including Mixer equipment.

Let's consider the translation of Cow unit that is just a cow;

<e k="fillType_cow" v="Pulluk, tarlaları sonraki ekime hazırlamak için kullanılır."/>

But as it turned out in a completely different sense. even just the number of words is enough to understand that this is an erroneous translation. I left a few more lines below to make it easy to understand. You can imagine the disappointment that such major expressions cause during gameplay.

<e k="fillType_def" v="Tarla mahsullerini işlemek için 3 gerekli adım vardır: toprağı işleme, ekim ve hasat."/>               <!--  it is irrelevant and broke the game -->                        
 <<<< DEF AdBlue >
<e k="fillType_def_short" v="Saban veya pulluk kullanarak mahsullerinizi ekmeye başlamadan önce toprağı havalandırın."/>      <!--  it is irrelevant and broke the game -->                        
 <<<< DEF >
<e k="fillType_diesel" v="Patates ve şeker pancarına toprağı işlemek için özel ekim makineleri ve biçerdöverler gerekir."/>   <!--  it is irrelevant and broke the game -->                       
  <<<< Dizel Yakıt >
I have previously transmitted these errors through a famous mod maker and even a community manager, but we didn't get any results. then I thought there would be no errors in version 22, but aside from the ones that need to be fixed, the errors have gradually increased. I'm even sad to say it, but the name of the Elmcreek map in FS22 comes from Ravenport, which was incorrectly translated in FS19, and Ravenport in FS19 comes from Goldcrest Valley in FS17 with an incorrect translation! The situation gets even worst in this current translation. I reached FS19's translation file and corrected more than 600 sentences and words from 3400 lines, deciphered why it was incorrect and wrote down their correct meaning. If anyone contacts me, I can forward this fix file to Giants. Hasan and I have agreed to fix the translation of 19. Something needs to be done urgently to ensure that the good work done by the Giants is overshadowed by such simple, but directly affecting people, and that the interest of the Turkish Community in the new game does not decrease. I am attaching some images to explain well.

@Rahkiin

regards

edit: my work is only for FS19 and it covers the whole. FS22 ​​required separate and detailed fix.
Last edited by kaiserx on Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don_apple

Re: Serious translation errors (FS22/19)

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

In order for GIANTS to look at this and fix it it would be best to report these errors in their bug tracker: https://feedback.giants-software.com/se ... ject_id=11
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
kaiserx

Re: Serious translation errors (FS22/19)

Post by kaiserx »

Thank you for your kindness don_apple. I reported this so you can imagine how annoying it is and I hope Giants take care of it.