Bug: Real World Beacon stays on

Papa BullDust

Bug: Real World Beacon stays on

Post by Papa BullDust »

Firstly, this is a bug report but I was unsure where to put it. I would have put it in the bug-tracker, but the post viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424 does specifically say that the tracker is for the Kvernland DLC only. It does say there also, that other bugs can reported in the old bug forums, but nothing seems to have been posted in there for around a year, so I assume it's not in use.

Bug applies to Collector's edition only.

Bug:

Real world beacon (the one that comes with the collector's edition) comes on, and stays on unexpectedly when the Mahindra Retriever and Nardi N60-45 are connected. The beacon will then stay on both when the beacon on the Nardi is turned off, and when the user exits the Mahindra. It will sometimes even stay on when the game is exited.

Reproduce by:

Buy Mahindra Retriever
Buy Nardi N60-45 combine header trailer
Connect Mahindra to Nardi

Expected behaviour:

Since Nardi has a beacon and the Mahindra does not, one would expect that the beacon on the Nardi could be controlled as per any other vehicle/implement beacon.

Actual observed behaviour:

Real world beacon comes on when the Mahindra is connected to the Nardi, regardless of whether the control to turn on the beacon is operated. Whilst the in-game beacon behaves normally (being able to be turned off and on at will) the real world beacon stays on. It will stay on regardless of whether the user exits the vehicle. It will sometimes even stay on when the game is exited.

Workaround:

Exit the game, unplug real world beacon from USB, plug the real world beacon back in and reload the game... Do not then reconnect Mahindra and Nardi! :D
Xtrememaster

Re: Bug: Real World Beacon stays on

Post by Xtrememaster »

going to test this myself.. Let you know if the problem arises here.

Yes i can confirm..

After purchasing its working normal. But you have to give it some time.. And then the IRL beacon hangs up.

The ingame beacon doesnt seems to work anymore (on PC)
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Papa BullDust wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:55 pm Firstly, this is a bug report but I was unsure where to put it. I would have put it in the bug-tracker, but the post viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424 does specifically say that the tracker is for the Kvernland DLC only. It does say there also, that other bugs can reported in the old bug forums, but nothing seems to have been posted in there for around a year, so I assume it's not in use.
The post about the bug tracker is unfortunately not correct, you can (and should) actually report bugs/issues related to FS22 using the bug tracker. There even is a separate section in the bug tracker for FS22: https://feedback.giants-software.com/se ... ject_id=11
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Papa BullDust

Post by Papa BullDust »

don_apple wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:06 am ... you can (and should) actually report bugs/issues related to FS22 using the bug tracker. There even is a separate section in the bug tracker for FS22: https://feedback.giants-software.com/se ... ject_id=11
Righto :D

Edit: All done: Issue 0006233 :mrgreen:
Fabrice_S

Post by Fabrice_S »

don_apple wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:06 am
Papa BullDust wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:55 pm Firstly, this is a bug report but I was unsure where to put it. I would have put it in the bug-tracker, but the post viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424 does specifically say that the tracker is for the Kvernland DLC only. It does say there also, that other bugs can reported in the old bug forums, but nothing seems to have been posted in there for around a year, so I assume it's not in use.
The post about the bug tracker is unfortunately not correct, you can (and should) actually report bugs/issues related to FS22 using the bug tracker. There even is a separate section in the bug tracker for FS22: https://feedback.giants-software.com/se ... ject_id=11
Strange, my post on the bug tracker is still standing on NEW, it was posted on the 2021-11-24 ??
I even send an email (PM) to a Giants member on the forum, still no response.
:hmm:
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Fabrice_S wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:12 am Strange, my post on the bug tracker is still standing on NEW, it was posted on the 2021-11-24 ??
I even send an email (PM) to a Giants member on the forum, still no response.
:hmm:
Its the same for me as well, I've also opened a bug report on November 24th which is still in status new.

I'm guessing that GIANTS got so overwhelmed with bug reports in the first few days that they are still trying to go through the queue.

And they are most likely first trying to fix real game breaking issues and will take care of minor issues like the USB beacon not working correctly later.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules