Giants Editor 9 crash

sinisorosis

Giants Editor 9 crash

Post by sinisorosis »

as i writed in the title giants editor 9.01 for modding is coninusly crashing when i try to open a mod. Can some one help me to solve this problem ?
EWP71

Re: Giants Editor 9 crash

Post by EWP71 »

Got the same problem with opening a map i3d, editor is opening and closes directly afther that.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Have you direct your file path to your FS22 game folder?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
dbump

Post by dbump »

I had this issue, and had the game file path specified in GE preferences. I ended up renaming %localappdata%\GIANTS Editor 64bit 9.0.1\editor.txt. Then when I re-opened GE9, it prompted if I wanted to copy from GE8 and I clicked cancel (I had gotten that same prompt originally--guessing something corrupt got imported) and GE9 opened up correctly this time instead of showing a title of "Starting..." Then I set the game path in prefs, and it works perfectly.
matty80

Post by matty80 »

GE 9.0.2 is crashed while i was editing one of my vehicles. and now will not load that i3d file. log file is only recording that the file is being opened but not giving any information on why the file is causing the crash. seems to open other i3d files ok still.

the i3d file looks ok in an editor. and the nodes/shapes/transform groups i was editing at the time seem intact.

A little pi** as lot of effort into that and while i saved often, i didn't save with a new file name every time!!! no actually really pi**...
vedat3

Post by vedat3 »

I am writing from google translate, I apologize in advance for this. how to redirect file path to fs22 folder. I will be glad if you write in detail.
snapper

Post by snapper »

I experienced an issue with giants editor crashing (v9.01 & v9.02) when trying to open an i3d model after I removed certain components from the model. I discovered eventually that there was a skinnedmesh attached to a transform group node that I had deleted. I had to update the reference node id on the skinnedmesh to a new transform group that I had added, or alternatively delete the skinnedmesh if not required. Mentioning it here in case it helps someone, because I could not find the solution on the internet, and the giants editor log had no useful error message to indicate what had happened.