Farming Sim 17 Xbox MP problem. New Release on Xbox Store

Silentparasite

Farming Sim 17 Xbox MP problem. New Release on Xbox Store

Post by Silentparasite »

I saw that Giants have released a full version of Farming Sim 17 and all the addons inc, So I purchased 2 copies of the game one for myself and one for my Daughter who loves farming games, we play on Xbox, but neither of us can create or even join a MP game as we both get the error message " No connection could be established to the server".
Now I understand that FS 17 is an old game, but playing on Xbox there are no dedicated servers, so I should be able to at least create a game in MP, and if Giants are selling a re-release of FS 17 surely you should be able to create / join a MP session?
The reason I purchased this is for so myself and my daughter can play the game together, but looks like we cannot.
Is there as work around? I have tried several of the ones from several years ago on the forums but none work.
Last edited by Silentparasite on Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silentparasite

Re: Farming Sim 17 Xbox MP problem. Re-release

Post by Silentparasite »

So after so many days posting this, no one at Giants is willing to address this problem?
You have re-released the game of FS17 on the Xbox Store and state it has Multiplayer and Co-Op play, but it does not, as you are unable to create or even join/find any games as the error keeps popping up stopping you.

If you are going to keep selling it you need to remove saying it has MP and Co-Op as it does not.
Tried both on the new release and the original FS17 and its the same message.
I have tried all the "fIxes" on the forum and other sites, and not one has worked, I purchased the new release twice, once for myself and one for my Daughter who loves farming games, such a let down.

EDIT : No need to reply, I've managed to refund both copies under the False Advertising / Not working as advertised with Xbox.
I've noticed this problem has been around for a few years.