Certian mofs prevent return to main menu

UnpaidFarmer

Certian mofs prevent return to main menu

Post by UnpaidFarmer »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or my computer being funky.

First, on PC, exceed minimum secs, miss recommended because my GPU is a bit under.

Second, mods that seem to be heavy on scripting, regardless of where they were obtained, will crash to desktop when trying to treturn to main menu. For instance, the mods Power Tools and Strong Farmer (both on the in-game mod hub) cause this to happen. If I download them, saying "yes" to the dialog of restarting to finish installing them crashes. But, after they are downloaded and the game has restarted, I can enter the game (seems to take just a bit longer than if the mod(s) that do this aren't activated), and I can even USE the mod without issue, I can save and things are fine. But if I try to exit to the main menu, it goes to a loading screen, sits there for a minute or two, then it just stops. The screen disappears, the process stops, and have to give it 5 or 10seconds and can restart the game.

I've gone trough my mods one by one, and it's only the ones like Strong Farmer, Power Tools, Place Anywhere, the Anywhere Extended etc.

If this is a bug, then I need to report it. If it's my computer, then I can deal with it. If it's a correctable problem on my end, I'd like to know.

Soooo, any ideas?

EDIT FOR MORE INFO: Something that I had forgotten to add, and just had happen, so doing it now, is that if I go into the in-game mod hub, select one ore more mods to install, and exit back to main menu, I get the pop up that asks if I want to restart the game for the mods to take effect. If I click on either YES or NO (the only two options), it goes to the loading page,, and crashes to desktop.

It's getting VERY frustrating, to the point of uninstalling the game and saying forget it. WHAT DO I LOOK FOR TO TRY TO FIX THIS????
Thack

Re: Certian mofs prevent return to main menu

Post by Thack »

I have the same issue with it crashing when going back to the main menu and restarting after installing mods. I do not have mods that did not come from the in-game mod hub.
UnpaidFarmer

Post by UnpaidFarmer »

Well, after disabling the ones giving me problems, I decided to deal with it, and reinstall a couple. They started working. Then I installed one or two more, and back to the crash. It really makes no rhyme or reason on which one(s) cause this behavior. For the most part, it's a minor thing, but once in a while it's a big issue.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

It's a known issue on here with the game and most script mods, if you have a search you will find posts about it.
UnpaidFarmer

Post by UnpaidFarmer »

GAAAHHHH! I just noticed the typo in the title.....is there any way to change that?

You know, to be honest, I was having to scramble to figure out if I had registered here fro FS19, and if so, what the login stuff was, made a new account because either I hadn't or everything was gone, etc, and forgot to do a search. Oops.