Patch, updates, Devs Please

Rick76

Patch, updates, Devs Please

Post by Rick76 »

With FS22 we received a Auto updater, That in my thinking would mean regular patched on bug fixes and issue fixes, regular meaning minor fixes once a week or 4th day, and not as it used to be in the past versions. one or two bigger once after months.

and it would in my view ease on the ongoing error bug report strains in the forums and staff, and it would show player and moders, that Giant Dev's do listen.
Phlonk

Re: Patch, updates, Devs Please

Post by Phlonk »

You would have thought that they learned from FS19 release, but guess not. I understand that the game was not going to be perfect, but did think they would have patched it with some bug fixes a week after release.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Keep in mind two things :
1) Crossplay - all platforms will need to be on the same version. This leads into ...
2) Consoles - They can't just drop a patch on a whim. They all go through Microsoft/Sony for testing.
Phlonk

Post by Phlonk »

MagicBoy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:28 am Keep in mind two things :
1) Crossplay - all platforms will need to be on the same version. This leads into ...
2) Consoles - They can't just drop a patch on a whim. They all go through Microsoft/Sony for testing.
True, didn't think of the consoles, this should be fun then.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The big drawback for PC players.
ScryP

Post by ScryP »

But they could drop it for PC if they got a patch and the consoles have to wait until Sony/Microsoft let it release

And just an update wich say "the Update is coming next week" or so would be nice, or preview Patchnotes what already is done etc.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

ScryP wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:48 pm But they could drop it for PC if they got a patch and the consoles have to wait until Sony/Microsoft let it release
Can't see that happening now, with crossplay i can only ever see it being one version of the game available for all at the same time.
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

If they learned nothing from previous games (which is unfortunately highly likely), they will only release a few updates for the game over its lifetime, completely ignoring whatever problems people report whatever amount of times. Normal games under active development receive pathes maybe once a month. FS? Twice a year maybe.
CASE72

Post by CASE72 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:15 am
Yeah, its a shame that due to the game being on consoles that the PC players are stuck having to wait for due to patches having to go thru testing on consoles. My brother has the FS on the console, and there is no way I could play FS on a console with limits its has. The first year it came out on console I bought it on console, and I was this *censored*, I'm getting a gaming PC, lol. Just too many limits, once you make the jump to the PC its like a completely different game.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CASE72 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:41 pm The first year it came out on console I bought it on console, and I was this *censored*, I'm getting a gaming PC, lol. Just too many limits, once you make the jump to the PC its like a completely different game.
Me too!!!

- built a “medium” grade gaming PC, plugged in the XBox steering wheel, got a SimHubDash licence and started cutting up subwoofers and making button boxes!!!

:lol: :lol:

... game is completely different on a PC/Mac, way more customisable, interesting and involved from my POV.

Happy Farming everyone! :)
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

CASE72 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:41 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:15 am
Yeah, its a shame that due to the game being on consoles that the PC players are stuck having to wait for due to patches having to go thru testing on consoles. My brother has the FS on the console, and there is no way I could play FS on a console with limits its has. The first year it came out on console I bought it on console, and I was this *censored*, I'm getting a gaming PC, lol. Just too many limits, once you make the jump to the PC its like a completely different game.
Unfortunately this is the way the industry is going, you can't blame Giants. We can however blame the console manufacturers for being too protective of their devices. I know they want the HIGHEST level of serviceability for their products, but for all intents and purposes its just a PC with a very simplistic user interface. Notepads are the same - however do they require a month of testing to have an update go out? Regarding the prevention of scripts used on consoles, they have a decent valid point - but the level and duration (its probably just backlog to be honest) of their apparent testing is atrocious. Only the console customer base can complain and try to make them change it.

However, the communication of Giants is pretty atrocious as well. If the patch takes a month for the console companies to test, why not atleast release the change log, so we know what's coming, and will know whether or not a bug we just encountered is already fixed and we just have to wait????