graphics settings

FS22withmysons

graphics settings

Post by FS22withmysons »

Hello, I am trying to play FS22 with my 2 sons. I bought them a couple of HP Pavillion 590-p0077c desktop PC's a couple of years ago. I upgraded them to 20G RAM and SSD hard drives. I installed FS22 and loaded it and found out that even with the Low graphics settings, the game is rendering like this:

The system specs are this:

The GPU performance looks like this:

I do not think that upgrading graphics cards is an option because there is not enough space in the towers to upgrade the power supply. My question is...are there other graphics settings that I can change to fix this rendering issue? Alternatively, does anyone have a specific recommendation regarding low end, low power requirement graphics card change? Thanks ahead of time for any assistance afforded.
Last edited by FS22withmysons on Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michele1048

Re: graphics settings

Post by michele1048 »

hello it is likely that they have the integrated video card not suitable for games with demanding graphics. you have to buy a video card with at least 2 Gb of ram
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Minimum requirement is 2GB of VRAM, yours is currently set to 1GB.

Ryzen 2200G should be capable of 2GB - it's borrowed it from system memory. There's probably a system setup (BIOS) option to increase it - likely called "UMA Frame Buffer Size" or similar.
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

Sorry to say that being able to run a 3D program, doesn't mean it is usable.

You need to get dedicated graphics cards.
FS22withmysons

Post by FS22withmysons »

Ok, I appreciate the input. MagicBoy, I have been trying to change VRAM allocation in the BIOS. I do not see any option for it in my BIOS software. It is very limited. I guess you get what you pay for. I have tried changing the allocation through registry editor. It just doesn't change after I go through the steps. It is frustrating because I see people getting good performance out of the Ryzen 2200G on YouTube and I have upgraded my RAM so that there is plenty there. I just cannot find any options in the very limited BIOS software for changing the allocation. This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know of any options for managing BIOS besides the current, installed software?
FS22withmysons

Post by FS22withmysons »

Would a VisionTek Radeon 5450 2GB DDR3 be adequate to run FS22?
https://www.visiontek.com/products/visi ... i-hdmi-vga

I think I can get this to work with my tight case and low power supply. My computer is running FS22 and I am measuring 60W power draw. I have a 180W power supply. I think I can add this 19W dedicated graphics card.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Sadly no, it's far too old. Meets the VRAM spec, but the integrated 2200G graphics are about 8-10x quicker.

Shame about the BIOS, it's quite common for big companies to remove advanced options to make support easier.

180W PSU is a bit of an issue. Off the top of my head your limited to something like an Nvidia GT 1030. I've got one in the machine I use as a dedicated server, as that's got similar power supply limitations. I'll give it a try and report back what the performance is like...
FS22withmysons

Post by FS22withmysons »

thank you I would really appreciate that. the GT 1030is the other card I was looking at possibly trying. I just don't see specifically what the power draw is from it and it is about 1/2 inch longer than the 5450. But there is no point putting this 5450 in if it won't do the job.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

GT1030 draws about 25-30W when under load.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

After playing for 10-15 minutes ... GT1030 performance seems fine on medium settings.
FS22withmysons

Post by FS22withmysons »

Ok excellent! Thank you so much!! My sons thank you! :0)