FS22 - Stadia. Game freezing

homemdasterras

FS22 - Stadia. Game freezing

Post by homemdasterras »

Hi there,

So I already replied on somebody else's post. But since my problem is specifically on Stadia I open a new topic.
The problem is that when I load a game (a previous saved game or a completely new game), the game will freeze as soon as after 30 seconds or after 5 to 10 minutes. The sound will keep playing, but giving input is impossible. The Stadia overlay still works.

The only thing that works is closing the game and restarting it. The downside is that all the unsaved progress is gone, which is quite frustrating.

The strange this is that this occurs on both a new game as a saved game with 10+ hours on it.

Anyone having the same issues or knows a fix?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
xjjohnsonx

Re: FS22 - Stadia. Game freezing

Post by xjjohnsonx »

Same here, middle of game and loose all input. If I haven't hit the start button the autodafe doesn't work and I loose all work. Have rebuilt my farm 5 times now.
xjjohnsonx

Post by xjjohnsonx »

Same here, no input works. Have rebuilt my farm 5 times now. If you don't hit pause it doesn't autosave
fatherted

Post by fatherted »

Same here. Usually only when I'm driving somewhere in Erlengrat. Game freezes. Sound continues. Only thing to do is shut down Stadia and start again.
homemdasterras

Post by homemdasterras »

So it is getting worse and worse. Just started the game and not even 1 minute later it's already frozen...
Now I kind of taught myself to manually save the game every 5 minutes or so. Man, have I done work multiple times over and over again, because the game froze again. You know how frustrating it is when you have to stack all those strawberry crates again and get them in the truck, daaammnn haha

So, Giants, is there anyone of you who can tell more about this issue? Is it something on your side or is it Stadia that has to fix something?
Smoogie

Post by Smoogie »

Same here, it's happening more often now and that's pretty annoying.
fenton108

Post by fenton108 »

I have the same thing on Stadia and it got worse after the 1.2 update. Same symptoms, sound continues but game is unresponsive. Stadia menu's work but the only way to get it back is to restart the game. The performance on stadia also seems like it dropped after the 1.2 update, really laggy for the first 2 minutes which wasnt happening before.
fenton108

Post by fenton108 »

It will happen nearly every session now at some point, usually when I'm around a forklift and pallets. It's very frustrating and the game overall is just alot laggier on stadia than before the update.
homemdasterras

Post by homemdasterras »

Yep, same here. The first couple of minutes of launching the game, it is unplayable. The amount of lag is really annoying. And the game crashed on average, every 15 minutes or so...
Thinking about stop playing the game and asking for my money back, I mean it is not a cheap game to play.

I also don't understand why nobody from Giants is joining this conversation and telling us they are working on this or whatsoever...
Smoogie

Post by Smoogie »

I had the lag thing before at the beginning of the game but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. I think the game froze like 6 or 7 times in 2 hours last time. I also like to see a reply from Giants on this topic because playing FS22 is rather frustrating now instead of relaxing.
homemdasterras

Post by homemdasterras »

It is getting worse and worse. Now I can't even play the game for 10 minutes. Just restarted the game 4! times in half an hour. This is unplayable. I'm done with it. Really a shame since the hours I put in it and built the farm, but this is just too frustrating...
Tento

Post by Tento »

It's really really annoying and yes, it's getting worse. ALso here just 4 times / hour. Come on Giants, has never been so bad since I play FS09....
Dark-Overlord101

Post by Dark-Overlord101 »

I also have an issue with my stadia game freezing. The game was made to be relaxing and fun... what is relaxing and fun about starting a game over and over. This issue was around in the first game, but with the update, there is too much lag to render. I get that Stadia isn't the "Priority Platform", but we paid for the game as well. We should at least be given an answer, not just an update on other platforms.
Smoogie

Post by Smoogie »

I noticed the game froze quite frequently when I was near a shed I placed. The Hörmann with the 3 garage doors. I removed it and the game didn't crash in the hours I played after it. It still lags hard the first couple of minutes but that gets better over time. Maybe that could cause the problems or it was the equipment in it, I don't know. I hope this can help you guys out a bit. I also hope it doesn't crash anymore haha.
jjande18

Post by jjande18 »

Mine has started doing the same thing on Xbox after the update finished.