FS22 - Stadia. Game freezing

re3el

Re: FS22 - Stadia. Game freezing

Post by re3el »

And there STILL is no patch on Stadia.
What where they thinking.
Using the antique game engine and then thinking. We don't need Focus, it is just a bit of copy/paste from the community, we can do this ourselves??

I talked to Google about the modhub. Giants is the ONLY company not being able to bring dlc (that is a mod basically) So it absolutely has NOTHING tondo wirh google restrictions.

Those are probably game engine issues. The same that causing issues on next-gen.

So don't blame Google. Blame yourself..

Then what about the zetor tractor in the store? Isnt that dlc? So what are you saying Giants? That YOU can't do this doesn't make it impossible.

Hire some expertise, something your team obviously DON'T have.

Maybe call Focus?

I really like to see what professional developers can do with this..
re3el

Post by re3el »

And still NO Stadia SUPPORT..

But accepting our money..

-crashes
-bugs
-no modhub (you moved in-game)

The only thing 1.3 brought is some equipment no one uses. Oh the loud cows are actually fixed..

This is still unplayable.

Did you hire some professional developers allready to fix your sh..??

Pretty enjoyable, relaxing gameplay this way!
re3el

Post by re3el »

Hay stacking competitions are way more important than fixing the game of course..

Thank god it is on all platforms. If it where Stadia only issues, they probably wouldn't even look at it..
re3el

Post by re3el »

And then the merchandise.

Idk, but wearing such things will probably end up you being shot by farming simulator enthausiasts, because of the stuff they bring
re3el

Post by re3el »

No support.. they only reply on other platform issues..

IF we are getting an answer it would probably something like 'Wir haben es nicht gewusst'

And I always thought germans don't joke around..
What a joke, what a joke..
xjjohnsonx

Post by xjjohnsonx »

Still problems over here even after the update. I had a ticket open with giants and just looked it's it's closed out as resolved however I'm still having the same issues and it isn't resolved. Has anyone had any luck on asking for a refund? I just want to get it on pc now, I thought the convenience of having it on stadia would make it worth it, it is not. Just lost about a hours worth of work, when I don't have a lot of time to devote to games it makes that sting so much more. Get it together please.
fatherted

Post by fatherted »

Same issue. Since 1.3 the game has become unplayable. Not only is the shader cache loading issue making the whole game stutter and lag for the first 5 minutes, as it loads textures and models on the fly (why can't this be done before the player spawns in???), as soon as the shaders are done loading, and the game starts running reasonably smooth, it crashes. Frozen screen, no controls, just sound, and that's it.

Come on Giants, you're damaging your reputation here. Not only do Stadians not get modhub, for whatever reason, we also don't get a playable game. I'm sure if this issue was on PC, you'd jump on it and fix the issue. Feels like if you're a cloud gamer you're a second class citizen.
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

fatherted wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:23 pm Same issue. Since 1.3 the game has become unplayable. Not only is the shader cache loading issue making the whole game stutter and lag for the first 5 minutes, as it loads textures and models on the fly (why can't this be done before the player spawns in???), as soon as the shaders are done loading, and the game starts running reasonably smooth, it crashes. Frozen screen, no controls, just sound, and that's it.

Come on Giants, you're damaging your reputation here. Not only do Stadians not get modhub, for whatever reason, we also don't get a playable game. I'm sure if this issue was on PC, you'd jump on it and fix the issue. Feels like if you're a cloud gamer you're a second class citizen.
Thing is, the Stadia platform is virtually identical to PC for programming purposes, so there is no excuse for this issue to exist on Stadia and not on PC.

But I don't think they care about Stadia. We don't even get access to the Season pass, and while the modhub may require a special setup to work, there is no platform reason for that one.

I don't know why they even put it on Stadia, if they intended to just abandon us.

I have the freezing issue. I have had games where I can play 3 hours, on a new map, no issues as long as I sit for the first 5 minutes and let the game load...and avoid changing to "in cab" camera.

But typically I have games where I get 10 minutes max and then the crash happens. That's what it is, a crash. Stadia support tech I spoke to while the game was still loaded on my end and "running", he said the game stopped responding at the server level. It can't recover because it's crashed. Apparently, the crash recovery is why usually exiting through the Stadia console requires you waiting a few minutes to relaunch the game, since it's doing automated processes like a crash report...etc.

He marked it to send to the developer for an expedited fix, but I don't know what good that will do.
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

Took my recorded videos of gameplay and started watching when the game crashed for me. Looking at the 1.3 notes to determine what was changed that might link up with when my game seemed to crash.

Decided it may be the sound changes they made. So, disabled environmental sound.

The results were that I played 6 hours without a crash. IN addition to that, the game loaded remarkably faster and when I was dropped into the world I didn't have to wait the two or three minutes for everything to load.

So...maybe whatever the issue is tied to the sound changes they made. I know they fixed the loud animal sound issue, and in my game I was crashing when I approached something that made environmental noise:

Factories
The Ambulance sound in Haut
Animal Barns
etc

I did have one crash occur on a second game I had. Everything had been running fine for over an hour, and then I drove my TMR mixing wagon into the Cow Barn and the game crashed. Reloaded, and it didn't happen again.

Just sharing in hopes that it may help resolve this issue, or maybe this will be a decent enough workaround for those who can't currently play due to the crashing issue.
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

1.4 update did not fix this issue either.

Going on a month now the game is completely unplayable due to the crashing.

FIX THIS!!
Dobbo

Post by Dobbo »

The game is completely unplayable now for the last three days. I get a maximum of one minute playing on the stadia app for lg tv. If I play on my phone I can come out of stadia and return at the same place without losing progress but not on the tv app. I’m going to try chrome cast and see if any improvement. I had such high hopes for this game but it is getting worse not better. GIANTS please sort this out I paid £45.00 for a game that refuses to work and reading other peoples comments on this thread we are being ignored.
fatherted

Post by fatherted »

Good news!

Giants are aware and Stegei, Giants CTO has responded in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=190629

Likelihood of a fix just increased.

...just don't ask about ModHub until the game is less broken on Stadia ;)

Then maybe if we ask nicely...
re3el

Post by re3el »

Glad I got my money back after a lot of frustrating hours in the game. I had close contact with Google support and developers about this and modhub. If the game is broken just ask your money back due to a defect product. That seems the only way to draw their attention.

But nice to hear they are at least aware of the problem. Next month they are on tv for this on a cloudgaming special.