Zip Archive vs Windows 10/11 download?

CASE72

Zip Archive vs Windows 10/11 download?

Post by CASE72 »

What is the difference when downloading the game in the Eshop? Or do you need to download both when installing the game? I installed the game a week ago, but realized there were 2 different downloads for the game, and I think I downloaded the Zip archive one and not the Windows 10/11 game. I'm basically a *$#%§* when it comes to PC's and this stuff, and I want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. I do have a new PC that is on Windows 11, and game seems fine, I've not noticed some of the bugs that others seem to be having, but there does seem to be a few things, that seem like glitches, like disappearing controls in the help screen at times, but outside of that I can't say I've seen the major bugs that a lot of guys seem to be having.
lord_nuker

Re: Zip Archive vs Windows 10/11 download?

Post by lord_nuker »

If you have installed it you have gotten the correct version. Zip archive vs downloader is that you probably downloaded the whole game in the zip, instead of an launcher that then downloaded and installed the rest of the files, I will guess
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Older versions of Windows don't have inbuilt support for the DVD image .IMG file. The contents are the same.
CASE72

Post by CASE72 »

Okay, thanks guys for the help, I was afraid I did something wrong by just downloading the ZIP archive, and being clueless to computers, I wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong.
CASE72

Post by CASE72 »

lord_nuker wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:35 am If you have installed it you have gotten the correct version. Zip archive vs downloader is that you probably downloaded the whole game in the zip, instead of an launcher that then downloaded and installed the rest of the files, I will guess
Is there one or the other that is better. I had to uninstall my game, and I need to reinstall it, should I use the ZIP archive or the Windows 10/11 download? My game was doing weird games, I think I did something with deleting things in the cloud that started making my game do weird things. I cut F55 on a contract, and went back to buy it shorter after I cut it and it was like I never cut it, lol. Plus the help screen started going back and forth from gamepad controls to keyboard, and I play on a controller. I hadnt seen that issue till tonight, and up until tonight I had played like 50 hours.

I *censored* horribly with PC's and just getting a new gaming laptop from my previous one that was probably 6 yrs old, it is quite different, despite it still being the same brand which is a Asus PC.
CASE72

Post by CASE72 »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:38 am Older versions of Windows don't have inbuilt support for the DVD image .IMG file. The contents are the same.
I have no idea what DVD image .IMG file even is, lol. My PC is brand new and is running Windows 11, so its not a old PC. Like I ask the other guy, which do you think is the best way to download, thru the ZIP Archive or the Windows 10/11 download file? As I said I'm a complete *$#%§* when it comes to PC's, and this new PC has me even more confused from my old PC that was 6 yrs old, I think.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The game inside will be identical. In Windows, when you double click the .zip version it will open an archive containing the installation files. When you double-click the .img file (in Windows 8, 10 or 11) it will open a virtual DVD drive (a new drive will appear in This PC/Explorer) containing the installation files.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

CASE72 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:11 am
MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:38 am Older versions of Windows don't have inbuilt support for the DVD image .IMG file. The contents are the same.
Like I ask the other guy, which do you think is the best way to download, thru the ZIP Archive or the Windows 10/11 download file?
As I've said above and this_is_gav has stated also - the contents are the same. I'd use the Windows 10 one as you've got a machine that can read it.
CASE72

Post by CASE72 »

Ok, thanks guys for all your help. It might be a while before I can reinstall the game. Somehow I deleted some x86 program file on my PC, and having to reinstall windows hoping that fixes it,lol. As PC dumb as I am, I would be better off going the console route, but the console game *censored* with the limits it has and not having as many mods so it's why I always play on a gaming PC, but it sure gets frustrating when when your old and clueless about computers and technology in general, it's one reason why Ive never used auto steering and GPS in real life farming because I *censored* with computer stuff,lol
OlinTucker

Post by OlinTucker »

Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong by downloading the Zip archive instead of the Windows 10/11 version. The difference between the two is that the Zip archive contains all the game files in a compressed format, while the Windows 10/11 version is an executable file that installs the game directly onto your computer. As long as the game is running fine on your Windows 11 PC, you should be good to go. The disappearing controls you mentioned could be a bug in the game itself, rather than related to the way you downloaded it. Also, check out reddit windows keys for some cool options. They might help you save a lot of time and money.