More Multiplayer issues

tommy2010

More Multiplayer issues

Post by tommy2010 »

Looks like the Multiplayer issues are back again. I have been able to find the server fine etc recently but Now when joining the game we're getting stuck at 10% waiting for game host acceptance, i have tried restoring saves and gone back quite a long way and still stuck on this. After nearly 400 hours in on the server i dont feel its a case of start over. Can this be fixed or not??. Servers for this game have been a nightmare Giants. Really should be better than this
tommy2010

Re: More Multiplayer issues

Post by tommy2010 »

The support at Gportal said they have this problem too. Is there anyone else getting this problem ??
Max54229

Post by Max54229 »

I have this problem too but i self host by my server at my home he's running with Linux and Wine.
I have reinstalled few times and no results, allways locked at waiting for game host acceptance...
TheFreshMT

Post by TheFreshMT »

I have the same problem too since the launch of FS22, running on a headless linux machine using wine. Joining the server wasn't working one single time. Password is set, auto-accept is set to true, no mods are installed, game was re-installed and re-started multiple times.
The support only gives a template answer and there is also no activity in the bugtracker.
I was hoping this would get fixed soon, but now it is really starting to annoy me, not gonna lie. Spending 40 bucks for an extra license that doesn't even work. *thumbsdown*
MrArtur1337

Post by MrArtur1337 »

Someone fixed this problem?
Ozzi5k

Post by Ozzi5k »

No, I have not fixed the problem, but I do encounter the same issue. The support crew responded once to my case I created but when I answered their questions there was no response anymore.

So I bump up this topic again too :P
Toxi

Post by Toxi »

Hi All,

I have been running my FS19 server on Linux for a couple of years. At release of FS22, I went about reinstalling FS22 over it.
I too was faced with the same "Waiting for host acceptance" at 10% loading.

After giving up and deploying a new windows VM to host my server, I went about my business and haven't looked back, until now.

I have installed 1.4.1.0 on my server, double checked my settings and tried again, but with no luck. I figured running the latest wine and FS22 might have cleared it up, but no.

As a last resort, I tried adapting my server port from 10823 udp to 10824, allowed it on my firewall and what do you know, it actually works now.

Running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (focal) and Wine 7.0.

Hopefully this will have the same affect with somebody else.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Toxi wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:32 pm Hi All,

I have been running my FS19 server on Linux for a couple of years. At release of FS22, I went about reinstalling FS22 over it.

After giving up and deploying a new windows VM to host my server, I went about my business and haven't looked back, until now.

I have installed 1.4.1.0 on my server, double checked my settings and tried again, but with no luck. I figured running the latest wine and FS22 might have cleared it up, but no.

As a last resort, I tried adapting my server port from 10823 udp to 10824, allowed it on my firewall and what do you know, it actually works now.

(Edit - realised you didn’t need to post ya log :lol: )

... good it works for you ...

Just a FYI - I’ve never needed to open/forward any ports on my PF text based non-PnP router/firewall, although running the dedicated server as an administrator and a scheduled restart of it daily fixed any firewall closures

Happy farming!
Toxi

Post by Toxi »

Do note, this is not a home setup. It's a proper multi-tenant cloud hosted VM, so yes, NAT and port forwarding is required in my case.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

... ok ...

Mine is also a “proper” setup, as a VM on a multi-tenanted host ...

😁

(Edit: oh, and to clarify - my comment is directly related to port forwarding/opening firewall ports TO the dedicated server, and was not meant to have any reference to changing the port which the server is set to use which is opened when it connects to the game servers, which may be best changed. ... like, mine is different to standard)

Happy Farming!!
cvdveer

Post by cvdveer »

Toxi wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:32 pm Hi All,

You're a hero! Finally a working solution for a years long problem.
Changing the port magically solves the problem. Dedicated server on linux/wine actually works again.