[PC] [FS22] Problem with the steering wheel Logitech G923 TrueForce in the multiplayer

tobra

[PC] [FS22] Problem with the steering wheel Logitech G923 TrueForce in the multiplayer

Post by tobra »

I'll try to explain what's going on. When you turn the steering wheel to the left then the wheel turns sharply to the right and when you turn the steering wheel to the right the wheel turns sharply to the left. It happens on all vehicles and when the game is in multiplayer. I use Logitech's G-Hub program.

Please watch the video !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTOwB8IduLE&t

Game version 1.2.0.2
Windows 10 Pro x64
Ram 32gb
Last edited by tobra on Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
tobra

Re: [PC] Problem with the steering wheel Logitech G923 TrueForce in the multiplayer

Post by tobra »

Giants FS22 is unplayable in multiplayer!
Image Image Image
don_apple

Re: [PC] Problem with the steering wheel Logitech G923 TrueForce in the multiplayer

Post by don_apple »

This sounds similar to an issue in FS19, where setting the senitivity for the steering axis to more than 100% would cause a similar behaviour: viewtopic.php?f=965&t=138942&p=1089177& ... y#p1088890

Therefore i would recommend to verify that yo haven‘t increased the sensitivity setting to more than 100%.

If that isn‘t the issue then creating a report in GIANTS public bug tracker is probably the best option to get this fixed: https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
tobra

Post by tobra »

Thank you for your reply, I sent a report to GIANTS public bug tracker. But there are no such problems in Singleplayer and it works properly.
Image Image Image
tobra

Post by tobra »

don_apple wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:26 am This sounds similar to an issue in FS19, where setting the senitivity for the steering axis to more than 100% would cause a similar behaviour: viewtopic.php?f=965&t=138942&p=1089177& ... y#p1088890
Yes, you are right, that is what is causing the problem. Strange that in single player this does not cause a problem. They would have to fix that problem because in the game when set to 100% the wheels are slow in relation to the steering wheel and not playable. In the Logitech G-Hub program, the sensitivity is increased to 100%, of course that is not enough either. Anyway I reported the problem on GIANTS public bug tracker.

Another strange problem is happening, I almost noticed it. It doesn't matter if you are in singleplayer or multiplayer. I note that the same thing happens when the game starts. When you exit the game to return to the desktop game and while it is loading on the loading screen, I accidentally moved the steering wheel and then the force of turning the steering wheel increased. It's as if the Logitech G-hub program has registered to exit / shut down the game.
Image Image Image
tobra

Re: [PC] [FS22] Problem with the steering wheel Logitech G923 TrueForce in the multiplayer

Post by tobra »

In multiplayer, the game is not playable. Half of the command does not work specifically on the snow plow on the tractor, when the "v" button is pressed, it does not react at all. It reacts with the mouse. The Giants are not fixing the problems. I don't think this was the case with previous versions FS.
Image Image Image
tobra

Re: [PC] [FS22] Problem with the steering wheel Logitech G923 TrueForce in the multiplayer

Post by tobra »

The Giants are still asleep.
Image Image Image
tobra

Post by tobra »

The Giants woke up. I received a response to a bug report 24.01.2022. The answer is "Wheel works fine on our side with the attached savegame, so gotta be an issue with your wheel/settings" It was not worth it that I wrote that it works properly in singleplayer and that it does not work properly in multiplayer! When you set the steering wheel sensitivity to 100% then it works well and the wheels are sluggish when turning and returning to the center. In order to achieve reality, the sensitivity must increase (more than 100%) and then the problem I described occurs. I sent a savegame that I use on both singleplayer and multiplayer. So it was not worth reporting a mistake. Unfortunately I am disappointed with the Giants response and I hope they will understand what I wrote about and what the crux of the problem is and will fix the problem.

Code: Select all

Note that the G-Hub sensitivity is set to 100%.
Image Image Image
W1der

Post by W1der »

Setting the sensitivity to 50% in the G-Hub should be "linear" if I understand it correctly.

How fast are you driving if this setting is not enough?
(I have the same wheel and see no problem.)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
tobra

Post by tobra »

I don't know how, but my steering wheel is slow. In the game ETS2 and ATS works flawlessly. I will try to return to 50% in G-hub and in FS22 I will set it to 100% and see how it will react.
Image Image Image
tobra

Post by tobra »

Can anyone explain in detail how to adjust the steering wheel G923 TrueForce in the game ???
The latest version (2022.2.9146) of the G-Hub program is installed on my computer.

Operating system Windows 11 Pro x64
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.527

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM 32,0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Image Image Image
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

tobra wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:22 am Another strange problem is happening, I almost noticed it. It doesn't matter if you are in singleplayer or multiplayer. I note that the same thing happens when the game starts. When you exit the game to return to the desktop game and while it is loading on the loading screen, I accidentally moved the steering wheel and then the force of turning the steering wheel increased. It's as if the Logitech G-hub program has registered to exit / shut down the game.
I get this one, too, in single player under the same circumstances. What's make it interminable is that if I want to change graphics options I exit my savegame, but FS dies to desktop, restart the game, change settings, save settings, FS dies to desktop, restart the game, open savegame, wheel resistance is not correct - I sometimes get that there's no return spring at all.

My workaround is that I have the wheel's USB plugged into a USB hub with individual switches. I turn that one off, then back on, the wheel does it's self-centering thing and then is usually (but not always) where I want it.
Playing on PC
tobra

Post by tobra »

I haven't been home in a few days. Yesterday, I activated the game to tidy up the farm a bit. Suddenly the steering wheel is so strong that I feel like I'm driving a tank. Please note that no one has access to this computer so no one could move the parameters. Windows 11 and G-Hub were automatically updated yesterday. I managed to adjust the steering wheel to some extent, but that is far from good. And now that I wanted to play FS22 yesterday, I couldn't because the turning force on the steering wheel is heavy. Strange things are happening. So please someone explain in detail how to adjust the steering wheel in the game and how to set the profile in the G-Hub program for FS22
hpmc13 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:26 pmI get this one, too, in single player under the same circumstances. What's make it interminable is that if I want to change graphics options I exit my savegame, but FS dies to desktop, restart the game, change settings, save settings, FS dies to desktop, restart the game, open savegame, wheel resistance is not correct - I sometimes get that there's no return spring at all.

My workaround is that I have the wheel's USB plugged into a USB hub with individual switches. I turn that one off, then back on, the wheel does it's self-centering thing and then is usually (but not always) where I want it.
I don't have a problem with the graphics in the game and the game doesn't crash when setting the graphics options, at least for now.
Image Image Image
W1der

Post by W1der »

Setting the “center spring” as a default (not letting the game decide) needs a fairly low value … 3-10% … a higher calue than this makes the weel cery hard to turn …
However … this is not a true “force feedback setting” …

Allowing the game to adjust the settings isn’t working for me as there is a controller conflict that disables the force feedback (I have several joysticks which can cause conflicts amongst eachother depending on hiw I set them up) … it’s a mess really …
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

tobra wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:43 pm I haven't been home in a few days. Yesterday, I activated the game to tidy up the farm a bit. Suddenly the steering wheel is so strong that I feel like I'm driving a tank. Please note that no one has access to this computer so no one could move the parameters. Windows 11 and G-Hub were automatically updated yesterday. I managed to adjust the steering wheel to some extent, but that is far from good. And now that I wanted to play FS22 yesterday, I couldn't because the turning force on the steering wheel is heavy. Strange things are happening. So please someone explain in detail how to adjust the steering wheel in the game and how to set the profile in the G-Hub program for FS22
Turns out that my problem was caused by a bad driver update. After a whole lot of griping to Logitech by a whole lot of people, they pushed a new driver update this afternoon. Not sure how much it might help your issues, but it seems to have alleviated mine. Now my Centering Spring Strength setting holds. Looking at your other post:
Can anyone explain in detail how to adjust the steering wheel G923 TrueForce in the game ???
The latest version (2022.2.9146) of the G-Hub program is installed on my computer.
That's the driver that was causing the issues. Update and give it a go.

Hope this helps.
Playing on PC