Harvesters Crashing

iansbestnana

Harvesters Crashing

Post by iansbestnana »

My big harvesters are causing the game to crash. I have to harvest at least two rows by hand on the turn rows so that the harvester can move to the next row without backing up. If the machine has to reverse in order to turn around, the game crashes. This only started after the 12/16 update. My mods are fine, no errors. The game log is not showing any errors, either. All the cultivators and seeders/planters are fine. I can work three fields at a time with them. But I can only harvest one field at a time, which is a real time *censored*! My computer is a brand new Mac, less than one month old, with 32gb of RAM and a video card with 16GB of its own RAM. I have heard that a shader file may be causing issues and I'm wondering if that might not be the issue here. Can anyone please "steer" me in the right direction to solve this problem? Thanks, and happy new year! Oh, yeah. I'm also getting snow, year round. No rain! Game downloaded through Steam. Reinstalled one time. No change.
iansbestnana

Re: Harvesters Crashing

Post by iansbestnana »

UPDATE:

My game log did not register any errors or warnings, but when the game crashed for no apparent reason, this was what the crash report sent to Apple said:

Crashed Thread: 15 PhysicsThread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000700005bc4000
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000700005bc4000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 10 Bus error: 10
Terminating Process: exc handler [49002]

This is happening when the harvester has to back up to move to the next row for harvesting.

My programmer son says that this error happens so fast that the game log does not register it. It's a low level issue. It is a legitimate bug in the game. I hope Giants fixes it soon. It's a real pain to have to do two head rows so that my harvesters don't have to back up!

Does this give any clues as to why my harvesters keep crashing the game?
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Others in the Steam forums are insisting that this is caused by a conflict with mods. I have deleted all of my mods (there weren't very many). I'll see if this makes a difference.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Harvester cash.zip

This is the savegame with the harvester showing about to make the reverse turn that very often causes the game to crash. Yes, I'm aware that I misspelled the zip file....should be HarvestercRash. Oh well.

If anyone can give me any suggestions I would appreciate it.

I have heard of one other player, also playing on a Mac, having the exact same issue. I don't know if this crash will affect Windows systems. All mods were removed before I created this file. This savegame is mod-free. The mods are not the issue.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

I think your best option to get a fix for this is to open a report in the official public bug-tracker provided by GIANTS: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
tractorsarebien

Post by tractorsarebien »

I'm having sort of the same problem, not sure i can narrow it down to the exact same circumstance as you. I just get a very quick red screen and then it crashes to homescreen.

This is the crash report: System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 19 PhysicsThread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000070000aff9000
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x000070000aff9000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 10 Bus error: 10
Terminating Process: exc handler [3090]
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

I attempted to report this to Giants, but their reporting form was SO confusing that I gave up. Not everybody is a computer genius. Some of us are 70-year-old grandmothers who play the game for fun.

I have since learned that a lot of my fields are best harvested from side to side rather than long ways, from top to bottom. The necessity of the harvester backing up to turn is where the problem is. It is ONLY the big harvesters causing this issue. The cultivators and planter/seeders are fine. I can cultivate/plant four and five fields at a time with no issues. These crashes happen so fast that they don't register in the game. The only way I knew that it was a physics issue was from the crash report sent to Apple.
Farm_Air

Post by Farm_Air »

I have the same problem. I also use MacOS. I can only mow grain with IDEAL harvesters and then the game runs normally. If I buy JD 9X, Lexion, Trion and drive them to the field, the game turns off after 2-3 minutes. I'm getting a red screen and I'm losing a lot of my save. Terribly annoying. Have you managed to solve or report the problem?
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

No, nothing's changed. I will try the Ideal harvesters. Hopefully that will help solve the issue. Thanks.
Oliver64

Post by Oliver64 »

Same issue here. Mac OS, and I just bought the game yesterday and have NO mods installed yet. The crash is happening exactly as described above - a big JD harvester making a reverse turn under AI control.
Luchtkwast

Post by Luchtkwast »

Hi there,

I have the same problem.
Also on MACOS.

The game crashed with a quick red flash, when I harvest with a John Deere harvester.
I have sold the JD and bought a Claas harverster.
That worked better for a short time, then the game started to crah again.

Started a new save game on a different map.
Started harvesting and the game crahsed again.

All under AI control.

So I think it is a AI issue or something
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I have the same problem as well with my iMac. I Hope Giant will soon resolve the issue.