Dedicated Server resets and loses all progress

Sneaky

Dedicated Server resets and loses all progress

Post by Sneaky »

Hello! I was hoping you might be able to help me or perhaps you have seen this before. My servers keep resetting and causing me to lose progress.

Basically, I will be playing all day and go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning all of my progress will be lost and the game will reset to the beginning character creation screen with no progress at all. Additionally, sometimes I will stop the server to install a new mod, and the game will reset again to the beginning and cause me to lose all progress. The only way to then recover any progress is to restore a backup from the "savegames" section but those backups are usually hours old, which causes me to lose hours of progress every night or everytime I stop the server.

If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you!
cwattyeso

Re: Dedicated Server resets and loses all progress

Post by cwattyeso »

Always make a manual save before logging out and leaving the server, if you are the server admin, that’s just good practice. Also check your server config and make sure you save the auto save and auto pause when zero players are on the server option is enabled. Lastly check what the Auto-Save interval is currently set to for the Server. My Dedicated Server upon install seems to default to Autosaving Every 360 minutes which is Every 6 Hours, way too long. Change that asap to something like 10 minutes and you’ll find you lose less progress should something go wrong with your server and you should always have more recent backup saves as a result too.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
phoe

Post by phoe »

I've contacted Nitrado about this and they told me it's a suspected problem in the Giants-Server software. It happend 3 times so far on my server, which is why I started making daily backups of our savegame.
We can just hope for an update to fix this.

I agree with the dude above my post. I've set our autosave to 20 minutes and I log in as admin and do a manual save every time I leave the server. Can't hurt.
FS 22 @ Nitrado - Xbox Series X
CptCray

Post by CptCray »

Do you have the mod that saves player position? I heard that it somehow destroys savegames in multiplayer.
phoe

Post by phoe »

Xbox, so no.
FS 22 @ Nitrado - Xbox Series X