"Refill Pallet" overriding ability to fill various vehicles

SkyF1r3-90

"Refill Pallet" overriding ability to fill various vehicles

Post by SkyF1r3-90 »

Hello,

I recently began experiencing a bug (likely from a mod) that has "Refill Pallet" as an option in the top right permanently - whether in a vehicle or out of one. It overrides my ability to fill a forage wagon or regular trailer or to refuel/refill fertilizer & seed. But it seems to be picking ONE of those upon restart of the game, not all of them are bugged only one.

You will see in the image below, I am under a Hay barn but the option never changes from "Refill Pallet" to "Fill".

In this next picture you will see I am approaching a fill location for Slurry...has not changed yet.

The second I am on the fill spot, it changes in this case.

As I said, right now its the hay barn but I've experienced it with the fuel station and fertilizer.

I have uninstalled the fillable pallets mod from the in-game Modhub and just deactivated it but that doesn't solve it. Please help.
SkyF1r3-90

Re: "Refill Pallet" overriding ability to fill various vehicles

Post by SkyF1r3-90 »

I started a fresh game on a new map and did not engage the refillable pallet mod and it is not present.

So it looks like I am in need of assistance fixing the bug that now exists on my main save with over 250 hours. There has to be a way to get rid of the refill pallet overriding basic filling functions.

Can we engage with the mod creator from Modhub?
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

I've looked into this a bit, as initially I thought I had caused it with a mod I'm working on.

I found:
- Anywhere on the map (any distance from the pallet), the 'R' keybindings for anything using 'R' were broken, inlcuding sleep trigger, shop trigger, tension belts, etc.
- It only happens when a refillable pallet is near to a source of any fill type (even liquid IBC, etc).
- It goes away if you move the pallet out of range of the fill source
- Once you activate the refilling on the pallet it will partially fill but never complete AND it can then NOT be fixed anymore by moving the pallet away.

I'd try deleting all the refillable pallets from the vehicles.xml in your save game folder.
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

SkyF1r3-90 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:43 pmCan we engage with the mod creator from Modhub?
I also meant to say, it is not caused by that mod, it is just a base game bug. That mod is literally the exact refillable pallet from the game installation folder, with <showInStore> set to true. There are no other changes at all to the standard game.
SkyF1r3-90

Post by SkyF1r3-90 »

Thank you for the reply! I’ll try deleting those from that file and see if it works.
SkyF1r3-90

Post by SkyF1r3-90 »

loki_79 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:26 pm I've looked into this a bit, as initially I thought I had caused it with a mod I'm working on.

I found:
- Anywhere on the map (any distance from the pallet), the 'R' keybindings for anything using 'R' were broken, inlcuding sleep trigger, shop trigger, tension belts, etc.
- It only happens when a refillable pallet is near to a source of any fill type (even liquid IBC, etc).
- It goes away if you move the pallet out of range of the fill source
- Once you activate the refilling on the pallet it will partially fill but never complete AND it can then NOT be fixed anymore by moving the pallet away.

I'd try deleting all the refillable pallets from the vehicles.xml in your save game folder.
Loki I am looking through the file and I do not see any reference to refillable pallet. I put road salt in maybe 8 of them and I see only one line for road salt. Can you advise on what I should look for? I would attach the xml file but its too big.
SkyF1r3-90

Post by SkyF1r3-90 »

Deleting any line with a road salt reference didn’t resolve it. Hope you can assist finding what the refillable pallets are called so I can remove those lines. Can’t seem to use any obvious key words to locate them.
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

I have not got that mod to check, but it should be something like:

Code: Select all

<vehicle modName="FS22_Fillable_Pallet" filename="$moddir$FS22_Fillable_Pallet ... something .. " 
SkyF1r3-90

Post by SkyF1r3-90 »

That doesn’t exist in the file at all. I’ve had to restart my game at this point and recreate everything from scratch. Seems like the only way.
Fergie429

Post by Fergie429 »

How do I fix this problem on console? (Xbox)
Nebraska Heartland

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

Fergie I am having the same issue on my Frankenmuth map that just started today. My other maps are not having this issue have the same mods on all the other maps and no issues. Hopefully someone has a fix for being on console??
Nebraska Heartland

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

Hey just so you all know this bug does go away after a few saves. I noticed that when I would load a save game on my Frankenmuth map that I could refill water as long as I didn’t bump my button that said refill pallet until it said start fill. Figure if I was going to have to restart a build after 40+ hours. Took about 2 days but loaded my save game and the refill pallet was not on my menu screen.
hofffarmer

Post by hofffarmer »

I had the same issue. I had unloaded a seeder I did not want anymore and unloaded the seeds into a pallet. Once I picked up the pallets it went away. The game I was playing just did not want any pallets on the map.
joki_tundra

Post by joki_tundra »

I've found an alternative fix. I downloaded the mod "Easy Developer Controls" from FS's own website, and within the mod there is an option for pallets to be deleted. It does however delete ALL pallets on the savegame, so be careful. However if it means one doesnt have to start all over again, so be it.