1.3 update and Blurry textures

Curtisfeatures

1.3 update and Blurry textures

Post by Curtisfeatures »

Has anyone experiences blurriness since the 1.3 upgrade.

As you can see in my two iamges both the wheels have lost the text on them aswell as looking blurry and the the text on the back of the Fiat is also blurry. This is the case for all wheels and a lot of other textures in the game.

I have a couple of members on my server with this issue but both experience different scenarios.

Member 1:
These things are always blurry - Multiplayer and single player, Basegame maps with and without mods.
We have tried reinstalling the game but the same issue appears.

Member 2:
Originally this member only saw this issue in Multiplier - Single player was fine. We then took a copy of the save game and the problem then did appear in single player.
We started a new save game with the same map and mods and the textures were fine.
We reset the map on the server and the textures were fine for about 1.5 hours then they went again.

I am waiting on Member 1 to try rolling back to 1.2 to see if the problem goes.

I have seen on reddit two other people report this issue but no fix has been given.

Thanks
Jamie

Image Image
MagicBoy

Re: 1.3 update and Blurry textures

Post by MagicBoy »

Got DLSS or FSR turned on?
Curtisfeatures

Post by Curtisfeatures »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:07 pm Got DLSS or FSR turned on?
I will check with the players that have this issue. Should it be on or off? Or are you saying to try the opposite setting than its on currently?

Thanks
Jamie
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Post patch 1.3 I bought the olive harvester, and saw the blurry decals, never had this before. I can stand beside the machine and see how the decals are blurry, then there is a couple of "waves" where the decals gradually gets nicer to look at, and then back to blurry. Like a real slow flickering..
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Curtisfeatures wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:14 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:07 pm Got DLSS or FSR turned on?
I will check with the players that have this issue. Should it be on or off? Or are you saying to try the opposite setting than its on currently?

Thanks
Jamie
Yeah, pretty much. Sounds more like a graphics driver issue than something that requires removing the patch. Worth updating the drivers and experimenting with the settings.
JJundt22

Post by JJundt22 »

It’s a Giants 1.3 issue. Not a graphics card issue. Too many folks have reported the same issue with different cards for it to be a card issue. Giants needs to address this issue.
JJundt22

Post by JJundt22 »

Try a base game map. I bet it goes away. I did that, and it worked for me.
masciotv

Post by masciotv »

i have the same problem also with some default tractors for example (t7)
edit: with patch 1.3.1 we still have blurry texture issues
Last edited by masciotv on Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason06

Post by Jason06 »

Here the same problem appears on Elmcreek map with all mods removed: When starting a new game all is fine, but, for example, when I buy the vanilla JohnDeere 4255, all decals start to get blurried. Especially the vehicle's dashboards become totally unusable.
aka Glowin / Glowins Modschmiede
MacBook 16'' 2019 (2,4 GHz Intel i9), Nimbus+ Controller, Realismus-Fan und Hobby-Scripter
leone98

Post by leone98 »

this is patch 1.5..0.0 but the problem not resolve.

masciotv

Post by masciotv »

the problem with patch 1.6 is back
Jason06

Post by Jason06 »

Since Patch 1.5, for me the problem is resolved: No more blurried textures anymore.
aka Glowin / Glowins Modschmiede
MacBook 16'' 2019 (2,4 GHz Intel i9), Nimbus+ Controller, Realismus-Fan und Hobby-Scripter
Ziuta Modding

Post by Ziuta Modding »

The problem mainly occurs on GPUs with VRAM below 4GB (insufficient memory to load all high resolution textures)
Buster335

Post by Buster335 »

Has there been any info on when/if this may be fixed? Or will it just be something to live with? :hmm:

yes my vram is below 4GB as Ziuta said, just wondering if its something giants may fix or if its just the reality of running aging hardware?
pappnasse

Post by pappnasse »

I have these problems only in multiplayer (when joining a game), anyone else experiencing that, or any suggestions on what may be the problem?

Ive had this issue now from a few updates back, not sure exactly when it began anymore.