Dedicated server. Users get stuck synchronizing at 99%

Felix.dk

Dedicated server. Users get stuck synchronizing at 99%

Post by Felix.dk »

Running FS22 dedicated server with FS22 using the custom map "The French Plains" and 34 minor mods from modhub, we experience that server will consistently stop allowing players to join after a bit of time. Players then start to get stuck at 99% loading with a message that client is synchronizing with other players. This happens even when the server is empty.

Rolling back the save game to previous save will fix the problem, but when the server auto-saves next, the issue reappear. Disabling all mods when the issue has appeared will not fix the issue.

Do anyone have experience with this ?
tubezki

Re: Dedicated server. Users get stuck synchronizing at 99%

Post by tubezki »

Same started happening here... exactly the same. Me and my friend running without server just with regular multiplayer and I'm mostly hosting games... after this new dlc drop and couple of new mod updates this same started happening to us. Only way to play together is to start new save everytime. I have already tried investigating, what mod might corrupt save game. I think it's something to do with a mod that's causing a problem so multiplayer not syncing. I'm 100% sure its sync issue due to some mod not working correctly.

Every time my friend is trying to join me he is stuck at 99% and game is saying in loading screen that "synchronizing data with other players" so its stuck. If he presses esc or xbox controller some of buttons he will spawn under the map.

I hope that I will find the issue. Also all the help would be nice if anyone knows how to deal with these issues.
Modernpirate405

Post by Modernpirate405 »

Same issue here.... pointless paying for server space if only fix is to start a new game each time
Dave2787

Post by Dave2787 »

Any further update on this
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Are all mods updated?

Are all mods only from the modhub?

If using crossplay - are the enabled mods only crossplay compatible?

And ...

What’s in the game log?

(How to post it viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665)
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah to help a Game Log from a Player and also from the Server would be very helpful. Right now no one has any info on what may be causing players to get stuck at 99% loading.

However from my own personal experience when I had this issue previously, it was caused by a mod being out of date after the game had recently been updated by Giants. So most likely you're running an old mod somewhere that's breaking things, but again without the logs people won't be able to help you find the culprit.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Mckyni

Post by Mckyni »

Hy, find the way so solve this thing. Not sure why it is coming, but it is caused by mod(s). After stucking on 99% check the log file under Documents/user/FarmingSimulator22/log.txt
Search on the "error" word in the log file and it will list you which mods were not able to load successfully. Remove these mods from the mods folder and the game will work.
Hope it helps. Cheers. :smileynew:
farmerzac

Post by farmerzac »

FIX YA 99% **** GIANTS IM NOT HAPPY
TurboSlurhild

Post by TurboSlurhild »

Sorry for the poor English...
I have the same problem, gets to 99% then it stops.
Have removed all mods, except the American farmlands map, but the problem is still there.
Got the same problem on no-mansland map.

I can game with my partner for many hours, but suddenly some vehicles disappears, even if they're there, because I can't go where the vehicle is standing , and when I leave the game, I don't get back in...

Has anyone found a solution?
The log states: Error: Failed to create new object with class id 185 in initial object array.
:confusednew: :confusednew: :confusednew:

EDIT: Figured it out!!! The problem is silo bundles being packed in a row, for our part.... Once we took the plastic off the bundle, I got back into the game.
Captn_RiVs

Post by Captn_RiVs »

Same thing just happened to us.
The bale counter made it do that.
We removed the mod and it got fixed
FarmerKiwi

Post by FarmerKiwi »

i get the same problem on our server and after shutting farm sim down and restarting it is fine.Not a mod problem otherwise all those on our server would get the same problem.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

FarmerKiwi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:48 am i get the same problem on our server and after shutting farm sim down and restarting it is fine.Not a mod problem otherwise all those on our server would get the same problem.
The same happened to us on our dedicated server. Just a game restart and was working fine. Didn't had the issue after that game restart.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

The same happened to us on our dedicated server. Just a game restart and was working fine. Didn't had the issue after that game restart.

We btw didn't have the bale counter mod.
Mulvebry

Post by Mulvebry »

Hey guys, I'm having this same issue - when I try to log on to the server (ONLY AFTER THE FIRST TIME GETTING ON), it stops and freezes on the "Please wait... Synchronizing with other players.." message. Or in other words, I am able to get onto the game/server and play without any issues the first time, and then the next time I try to get on, it doesn't let me and freezes on the syncing message. I then have to restart the server and all of my progress is then lost.

I have a G-Portal server, 25GB mod space (running about 20GB or slightly less of mods currently - off ModHub and third party mods from FS22.com), up to 5 players, running the Green Valley Nebraska 4x (Ver. 2.1), crossplay disabled, auto-save enabled, and the option to not pause server when game is empty enabled. I have looked through the log text several times to see if there was anything that stands out or will tell me what the cause of the issue is, but I don't see anything crazy. I'm not super technical in this area of troubleshooting however.

Is there anyone that can take a look at my game log file and tell me if they see anything that would likely be the cause of this issue? I've also never posted on here before, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section.. Thank you in advance!
log.txt
(209.05 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
ghostly617

Post by ghostly617 »

Mulvebry wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:19 pm Hey guys, I'm having this same issue - when I try to log on to the server (ONLY AFTER THE FIRST TIME GETTING ON), it stops and freezes on the "Please wait... Synchronizing with other players.." message. Or in other words, I am able to get onto the game/server and play without any issues the first time, and then the next time I try to get on, it doesn't let me and freezes on the syncing message. I then have to restart the server and all of my progress is then lost.

I have a G-Portal server, 25GB mod space (running about 20GB or slightly less of mods currently - off ModHub and third party mods from FS22.com), up to 5 players, running the Green Valley Nebraska 4x (Ver. 2.1), crossplay disabled, auto-save enabled, and the option to not pause server when game is empty enabled. I have looked through the log text several times to see if there was anything that stands out or will tell me what the cause of the issue is, but I don't see anything crazy. I'm not super technical in this area of troubleshooting however.

Is there anyone that can take a look at my game log file and tell me if they see anything that would likely be the cause of this issue? I've also never posted on here before, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section.. Thank you in advance!

log.txt

Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod BossVplow1
Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod EXP19_SIlverado_2017
Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod Ford_F250_4Door_Plow
Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod FS19_JohnDeere_x748
Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod FS22_Cateye_2500_Series

etc,etc do ctrl+f on your log and search "error" and you will see all the mod errors in there.