FS22 :: Stadia Not Working

Staalker

FS22 :: Stadia Not Working

Post by Staalker »

GIANTS need to address this. Stadia players paid the same price as everyone else, and the game flat out doesn't work on Stadia since update 1.3.

It will freeze and you have to exit the console and restart the game, losing all progress since the last save, and there is no workaround or fix we can do to remedy this on our end.

It is the game, because I have over 100 Stadia titles that all work fine, not issues. Even FS19 works just fine.

This should be a top priority to fix since we cannot play the game at all. Not just a bug to deal with, but we cannot play more than 10 or 15 minutes on average before this crash happens.

Please fix this immediately. The game is broken. Stadia players may not be as numerous as other platforms, but we still matter.

I for one am tired of being ignored on this for support. We the players cannot do anything to correct this. We don't have access. Only GIANTS can fix this, please do so.
LazyX9

Re: FS22 :: Stadia Not Working

Post by LazyX9 »

I can confirm that the FS22 version for Stadia is ridiculously unstable and full of bugs such as invisible objects hindering movement in the middle of the road etc. And so many times it has just frozen/crash for me forcing me to restart stadia and lose all progress. Also the rendering for this game is ridiculously sluggish and the amount of lag is not acceptable. I wont be buying this game any time soon until they have sorted these issues out.
re3el

Post by re3el »

I been complaining after day 3 of launch.
Stadia support is non exsisting.
I gathered evidence of this an build a case. In the Netherlands we have this 'consumentenbond'
This is even going to be on dutch tv.
All the replies from Google, from Giants.
The lies Giants tell. It is Google's fault.

The only fault on Google is that they not kicked them out of the store completely.

Very icompetent developers at Giants.
Only stuff from them doesn't work.

So it is definately Googles fault 😏
Dombot

Post by Dombot »

It's worked ok for me but now I can't use construction at all. Cant place buildings or landscape or delete anything.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

If stadia have such bad support - take your business elsewhere!
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Can you give more specific detail for the issues?
E.g. do you have a specific place where an invisible object is present? Maybe with a screenshot or short video?

Are the crashes happening after a specific action? Do they also happen with a new savegame or is it only on a bigger savegame?
fatherted

Post by fatherted »

Hi Stegei,

Good to see someone from Giants jump in here. I'm experiencing the issues others have posted. The biggest are the game breaking crashes. I managed to break a record recently and got my fastest launch to crash in about 15 seconds.

Here's the capture from Stadia: https://stadia.google.com/capture/58ce4 ... ef52461727

Here's an example of some of the stuttering gameplay: https://stadia.google.com/capture/b6096 ... 8015e81273
This happens on both wired and wireless connections. I've run many speed tests and I'm getting a consistent connection speeds so I know it's not that.

Finally here's my latest crash. I played about an hour, doing field work, then headed over to my pigs to feed them and, well you'll see what happens. https://stadia.google.com/capture/fdd0d ... 35bab3cab2

I think it was Staalker who posted somewhere that they turned off "environmental sounds" and that improved things massively. Still got stuttering gameplay but nowhere near the number of crashes. I tried this too and confirmed on one attempt I had no crashes. It seems to help.

Here's my take on what's going on, (and I'm guessing as I'm not a dev and have no idea how Google's porting kit to run windows games on a Linux VM works), something is causing a buffer overrun, which is causing the game to crash, maybe due to the way Stadia handles DirectX 12? I'm also guessing it might have something to do with placeables or objects. Most of the time I've experienced crashes are near Hormann sheds, the Pig Pens or the shop.

Let me know if you need more info and I'll gladly provide it.
xjjohnsonx

Post by xjjohnsonx »

Spot on. Im having issues on my end also however I farm on the other map. If you check out this topic (viewtopic.php?t=184603) it has a bit more discussion that has happened. I just want a working game, nice to see someone from giants is taking a interest in this. Hope to hear a update soon. :biggrin2:
fatherted wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:07 pm Hi Stegei,

Good to see someone from Giants jump in here. I'm experiencing the issues others have posted. The biggest are the game breaking crashes. I managed to break a record recently and got my fastest launch to crash in about 15 seconds.

Here's the capture from Stadia: https://stadia.google.com/capture/58ce4 ... ef52461727

Here's an example of some of the stuttering gameplay: https://stadia.google.com/capture/b6096 ... 8015e81273
This happens on both wired and wireless connections. I've run many speed tests and I'm getting a consistent connection speeds so I know it's not that.

Finally here's my latest crash. I played about an hour, doing field work, then headed over to my pigs to feed them and, well you'll see what happens. https://stadia.google.com/capture/fdd0d ... 35bab3cab2

I think it was Staalker who posted somewhere that they turned off "environmental sounds" and that improved things massively. Still got stuttering gameplay but nowhere near the number of crashes. I tried this too and confirmed on one attempt I had no crashes. It seems to help.

Here's my take on what's going on, (and I'm guessing as I'm not a dev and have no idea how Google's porting kit to run windows games on a Linux VM works), something is causing a buffer overrun, which is causing the game to crash, maybe due to the way Stadia handles DirectX 12? I'm also guessing it might have something to do with placeables or objects. Most of the time I've experienced crashes are near Hormann sheds, the Pig Pens or the shop.

Let me know if you need more info and I'll gladly provide it.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Thanks for the information.
What resolution are you playing on and with or without HDR?
Also do you have Stadia Pro?

What do you mean with "environmental sounds"? Is this the "Environment Volume" setting in the game or some setting from Stadia directly?

Btw. the Stadia version is a "native" build and no wrappers for DX12 or some Windows libraries or so are used. But of course that doesn't mean it has to be stable, since some of the code paths are quite different to the Windows version. But at least we are in full control over the issues and don't need to rely on a wrapper to be fixed by someone else.
fatherted

Post by fatherted »

Answers to your questions below:

>What resolution are you playing on and with or without HDR?
without HDR

>Also do you have Stadia Pro?
I did, it crashed when I had Pro, I now don't have Pro, it still crashes.

>What do you mean with "environmental sounds"? Is this the "Environment Volume" setting in the game or some setting from Stadia directly?
"Environment Volume" in the FS22 settings menu.

Good news that you've built natively for Stadia. I guess it's a matter of narrowing down what the offending issue is...

Did some more testing. Turned off environmental sounds. Game still crashes. https://stadia.google.com/capture/a6bc5 ... 68accf1af3

Deleted 2 big sheds. That made a big difference in performance, still stutters, but not as bad on launch as before. https://stadia.google.com/capture/4ac6a ... ce5fbccd22

If I was going to put money on where the issue is, it's with the way the game engine is loading the models or textures.
fatherted

Post by fatherted »

Just checking back in.
After creating a setup with a Shadow Cloud PC, running FS22 with zero problem with all the mods, I can confirm the Stadia hardware is simply too underpowered to run the game.
Still crashing after a few minutes, and unplayable,
Stadia is not the platform for Farming Simulator, not until the hardware catches up.