New user, strange game-ending -$999,999,999 money bug?

Buschyfor3

New user, strange game-ending -$999,999,999 money bug?

Post by Buschyfor3 »

Hi all,

I'm a new farmer, just had the game a little over a week or so on Xbox Series X. This morning, playing from scratch mode on Elm Creek, I have about $545,000 in account balance. Still have the original loan that you start the game with. Took a mowing contract on field 71 for about $23k payout: mow, bale, wrap, deliver silage bales to animal dealer.

Borrowed the equipment to complete the job, including the Anderson bale loader/trailer (not sure of the exact name, sorry). I've taken 3 other mowing contracts and have always found that you end up with a couple more bales than needed for the contract to be marked 100% complete, so you can sell those extra bales to make a bit of extra money.

On this contract, I had delivered full loads of 24 125cm bales to the animal dealer and contract progress was at 86% done. Went back to field, reloaded another full 24 bales on the trailer, and delivered.

During this delivery, contract completion went to 100% after about the 4th bale disappeared off the end of the trailer, and right as the game indicated "Contract on Field 71 finished" in green text in the upper right corner of the screen, my account balance jumped to "-$999,999,999."

Even as the additional bales that put me beyond 100% contract completion were sold and the game registered the sale of each bale (with the money earned showing up below in green text as "+ 2,336 $ (Sold Bales)" my account balance stays at "-$999,999,999" and so I can no longer purchase anything - vehicles, tools/attachments, land... everything tells me that I do not have enough money to complete the purchase.

Anyone else experience this? Isolated bug? Isolated to this particular contract?

Thankfully my auto save was turned off, so I was able to re-boot back into my save game with my $545k balance appearing correctly. Have not tried to play any further. Tonight I may try to finish the contract again and see if the same result occurs. Might try to deliver only enough bales to take contract to 100%. Then wait and deliver remaining bales afterwards. Any other ideas?
Firstman

Re: New user, strange game-ending -$999,999,999 money bug?

Post by Firstman »

Hi,
I have the same problem. Turn off Precision Farming DLC and it will be OK.
Buschyfor3

Post by Buschyfor3 »

Firstman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:27 pm Hi,
I have the same problem. Turn off Precision Farming DLC and it will be OK.
Interesting. I have precision farming on, so perhaps that is why.

In any case, I did some testing last night and I found that if I only delivered enough bales to complete the contract to 100% then immediately turned in the contract, my account balance would not glitch to -$999,999,999. But as soon as you try to sell even just one of the extra bales that was produced during the contract... the glitch happens. And it doesn't seem to matter where you sell them either. Ah well, I'll just do without the extra cash from this contract.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

This looks like a bug in the game and/or the Precision Farming mod to me. Therefore I would recommend to open a report on the official GIANTS bug tracker for this.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
SnowBear78

Post by SnowBear78 »

Happened to me too. Spent the whole day on a new save on Elm Creek gathering crops. Put them on the train and sold them. I went from over a million euros to -999,999,999!

I'm on ps5 running precision farming. Pretty much want to throw this game in the bin. That's 8 hours today wasted and my save is now useless!
kilroyfirelizard

Post by kilroyfirelizard »

I had something similar happen before Precision Farming where I got a baling contract, got all the bales set up, found another bale that I had apparently forgotten about from a previous contract, added that to the bales, and that one bale wound up bugging out the contract showing... -9223372036854775808% transported. Rendered the entire contract impossible to complete. I had to dig through the old saves to find the point before I even touched the cursed bale. It didn't impact my total money but it was probably a similar bug.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

On PC, so this may or may not help anyone...

I’ve encountered a “-$999,999,999” balance “bug” when using my dedicated server and a std Elm Creek multiplayer map.

It happened after a player removed stones using his own equipment from a contracted farm’s fields and then went to sell the stones at the debris crusher.

The contractor got an instant -$999,999,999 balance.

Disabling Precision Farming “fixed” it and the contractor could then sell the goods as desired and receive the reward.

However, I like Precision Farming and further investigation has found with it turned on (for me) that if the contractor tries to sell the goods the “-$999,999,999” thing happens even when the both farms have provided contractor access to each other.

But if the owner of the farm - the one who’s goods’ (stones) are in the contractors’ equipment which is being used to transport/sell the goods - sells the goods at the debris crusher everything works.

So, I reckon there’s something in the contract system about “goods ownership” which may be affecting Precision Farming.

Anyways, may or may not be of use to someone...

Happy Farming!!
Scoffer

Post by Scoffer »

Done some further testing on this and it looks like the contracts break when using precision farming but not actually having an environmental score.

Steps taken:
Don't own any land, complete a harvesting contract, once contract is complete and you start to actually sell the excess produce bank balance goes to $-999,999,999

Temp Workaround
Buy some land, buy the soil sampling which will give you an environmental score, complete contract and get paid for the excess.

I'm guessing that since environmental score gives you between -15% and +15% as a bonus based on your score, if you don't actually have a score its breaking the math.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

... that environmental score thing makes sense as the player (me! :lol: )which caused the issue in my game owns no land.

... nice work on your investigating!!

Suggest you file a bug report with your findings??

Happy Farming!! :lol: