Lost Key Bindings

RogueDan1

Re: Lost Key Bindings

Post by RogueDan1 »

I would be nice for dev's to clarify they can see the issue and they are planning to fix by such a date, instead of ignoring their own forum on their own website. From what I've seen this is a PC only issue meaning a hotfix or patch doesn't need to be sent to Microsoft or Sony (like the last patch) and so I would hope this was resolved fast than the next update to all platforms(probably not going be until June 28th)

To clarify, nothing is wrong with the setup and is not the cause of the issue.
The issue is the key binds are being wiped, not reset to default, Wiped...
This also occurs to the default keyboard and mouse setup
"At the end of the day it must be really challenging for the mod makers to find a free key-combo which works for everyone."
^ Not the issue, Doesn't matter the "key-combo" if they are consistently being reset.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Good you know the issue and have it sorted then...
W1der

Post by W1der »

It happens even if you just update an existing mod ... I can´t see that this is caused by my setup / how i mapped my keys ... as I can set it up exactly the same as before and it works ... (until I install or update a mod ... then the bindings are deleted, again)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

... just wondering - are the mods being used by people having reset keybinding issues all only from the official modhub???

(Edit: slightly reworded for clarity)
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I'm beginning to think this is a mod conflict causing this issue. No idea which one but I've updated and added new mods and haven't had this problem at all. But I also have a backup copy of my inputbindings xml just in case
Playing on PC and PS4
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

Dezza69 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:56 pm ... just wondering - are the mods being used by people having reset keybinding issues all only from the official modhub???

(Edit: slightly reworded for clarity)
In my case, yes.
Every single time I download, update or delete a mod using the ingame modhub, the keybindings are lost upon exiting the modhub, haven't even loaded the savegame yet.
it doesn't matter if it is a mod with addition scripts or just a decorational object.

The solution, for me at least, is to restart the game first after using the modhub as was suggested by someone earlier in this topic.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Thanks for your input. There indeed was a bug that input bindings could get lost when downloading a new mod without restarting the game. This will be fixed with one of the upcoming patches (not with the one that will be released soon with the AGI dlc though, but most likely around the Kubota DLC release).
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Explains why I’ve not had an issue, as all mods used are installed before clicking the FS22 icon and not in-game.

Ta for the details Stegei, obviously be good once this bug’s squished :lol:
RogueDan1

Post by RogueDan1 »

Yep, in game mod hub mods. I'm attempting to install my mods and updates from the website instead of in game. So far so good! =D
rgon777

Post by rgon777 »

I have been experiencing the same thing but realized that if I exit the same after downloading mods and restart the game then my bindings for my mods are still there. FS19 used to ask if you wanted to restart after downloading mods but FS22 doesn't. We just need to manually restart after any mod downloads. Hope this works for everyone else!
Farmer_458

Post by Farmer_458 »

I've lost mine and have no backups so I'm stuck without them, just need to find a way to get them back to normal.
Farmer
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Farmer_458 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:11 pm I've lost mine and have no backups so I'm stuck without them, just need to find a way to get them back to normal.
... Have you attempted to reset them using
“Reset All” found in the control setting page???
Farmer_458

Post by Farmer_458 »

Dezza69 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:58 pm
Farmer_458 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:11 pm I've lost mine and have no backups so I'm stuck without them, just need to find a way to get them back to normal.
... Have you attempted to reset them using
“Reset All” found in the control setting page???
That worked thanks for the help
Farmer
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

... good you’re back in control ... :lol:

Happy Farming!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
DJKevster

Post by DJKevster »

RogueDan1 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:19 pm I would be nice for dev's to clarify they can see the issue and they are planning to fix by such a date, instead of ignoring their own forum on their own website. From what I've seen this is a PC only issue meaning a hotfix or patch doesn't need to be sent to Microsoft or Sony (like the last patch) and so I would hope this was resolved fast than the next update to all platforms(probably not going be until June 28th)

To clarify, nothing is wrong with the setup and is not the cause of the issue.
The issue is the key binds are being wiped, not reset to default, Wiped...
This also occurs to the default keyboard and mouse setup
"At the end of the day it must be really challenging for the mod makers to find a free key-combo which works for everyone."
^ Not the issue, Doesn't matter the "key-combo" if they are consistently being reset.
I am having exactly this issue no matter if I have new mods or updates or the same as previously, the keybindings are wiped completely and I have to go in and set them manually. extremely frustrating!