Lost Key Bindings

gmfarmer420

Lost Key Bindings

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Lost key bindings for a bunch of mods since 1.4.1 update including precision farming, power tools, manual attach and others. I reset a bunch of them and when I reloaded my save later on and they were all missing again.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Mellek

Re: Lost Key Bindings

Post by Mellek »

I've had the same issue twice, for me the keybindings of guidance steering and the precision farming were lost.
After losing it the first time I made a backup copy of the inputBinding XML, put that one back after losing the keybindings a second time, and for now they keep working.

I also had that the controller wouldn't respond to all commands, I could switch camera and change gears, but no other buttons seem to respond.
This was somehow resolved by using the mapped key on the keyboard first, after which the button for that function on the controller would also work again... :confusednew:

And I still can't fill seeders or spreaders at a silo, bigbag etc the first time I try, getting out and in the vehicle once fixes this (also with no mods installed)
I assume it is a keybinding issue, but can't figure out which one is causing this.
stride

Post by stride »

Mellek wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:04 am I've had the same issue twice, for me the keybindings of guidance steering and the precision farming were lost.
After losing it the first time I made a backup copy of the inputBinding XML, put that one back after losing the keybindings a second time, and for now they keep working.
Had a similar experience on GeForceNow, the patches broke it and setting them a few times (presumably rewriting the input binding file) now seems to stick through a few restarts. Let's hope that stays this way this time since players on that platform can't fix stuff in random XML files or roll back patches.
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

After downloading a mod from the modhub (the Joskin Trans-Space 8000 that was released today) my keybindings are gone again. :sadnew:
templer013

Post by templer013 »

When i activate Precision Farming DLC on a savegame my keybinds for all mods get wiped. Ridiculous... looks again like pretty much zero meaningful game play behavior testing done.
BlueFleet

Post by BlueFleet »

Yeah, lost all of my key binding, but was able to get it all back because I saved the input binding XML file, after redoing it all again, you can just delete the one in the game folder and replace it with your saved one and should reset all of your bindings to what you have it as before.
FarmerKiwi

Post by FarmerKiwi »

Yes I have had the same problem. I have rolled back to 1.3 because I had no problems with that version.
thraidh

Post by thraidh »

For me it seems to happen whenever I download or update any mod.

To reproduce:
- start game
- check key bindings in Options (everything is fine)
- download any mod
- check key bindings in Options again (mod key bindings are lost, base game bindings are still fine)
- quit and restart
- check key bindings in Options (everything is fine again)

The seem to be permanently gone if you start playing or maybe just after saving your gam.
Gafor

Post by Gafor »

Mine are all gone after every reload of the save game. No Mans Land, latest patch, Precision Farming, a few modhub mods + Courseplay.
I'm getting really tired of the poor QA with this game. Every time there's an update almost as many things break as were fixed.
Fabristunt

Post by Fabristunt »

Same here, I keep losing the key assignments for some mod content. Pretty annoying.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

What I have done is click on the xml select properties and set it to read only which so far has stopped me having any further issues. If you need to then change any or add some new ones then you need to uncheck the box temporarily.
FarmerSlyuk

Post by FarmerSlyuk »

:biggrin2: easy work around
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

FarmerSlyuk wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:12 pm :biggrin2: easy work around
It had been working fine for me up until just now and all keybinds have gone :frown:
FarmerSlyuk

Post by FarmerSlyuk »

ive lost them quite a few times especially if i add a new mod :confusednew:
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

This is the first time since I locked them it happened, luckily I always keep a backup copy to drop back in.