Lost Key Bindings

N3oN79Italy

Re: Lost Key Bindings

Post by N3oN79Italy »

Same for me... All keybinds for the mods get lost after adding a new mod... If i reset to the base keybinds even mods has it's base keyboards assignments... Changed again all the keybinds, saved, as i start game again all assigments for mods are gone, both keyboard and controllers...
spgprivate

Post by spgprivate »

Hi
Similar issue here. Very frustrating as have had to reload multiple times now. May try the read only option mentioned.....Has anyone pinpointed the root cause yet ? or is it just v1.4 update ?
Mushyboy

Post by Mushyboy »

Open up key bindings xml, and change the number on the second line from 23 to 24, this has worked for lots of people, mine was already set to 24, so I changed it back to 23, it works fine now with me not having to input the key bindings, the installed mods do it themselves, just like when installed for the first time.

My key bindings xml was found bottom of the list, use notepad ++ to edit and save.
spgprivate

Post by spgprivate »

Does anyone have a keybindings backup they could share ? Ive lost them all and dont have a backup thats even near the range of mods Ive loaded (usual suspects ).....
OR asm I going to have to manually check each mods for their bindings and then manually enter into the game / xml....
This is really getting to be a pain !!!
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

spgprivate wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:38 pm Does anyone have a keybindings backup they could share ? Ive lost them all and dont have a backup thats even near the range of mods Ive loaded (usual suspects ).....
OR asm I going to have to manually check each mods for their bindings and then manually enter into the game / xml....
This is really getting to be a pain !!!
Choose the reset option from the keybindings menu, then customise if required.

No file replacement or editing xml files required.
Cassin

Post by Cassin »

Mushyboy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am Open up key bindings xml, and change the number on the second line from 23 to 24, this has worked for lots of people, mine was already set to 24, so I changed it back to 23, it works fine now with me not having to input the key bindings, the installed mods do it themselves, just like when installed for the first time.

My key bindings xml was found bottom of the list, use notepad ++ to edit and save.
Worked fine ! Thanks :)

Unbelievable that no hotfix came for... what, 2, 3 weeks ? for something THAT simple. :oops:
W1der

Post by W1der »

I only updated a mod and had this happen to me ... :)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Carlo van Erp

Post by Carlo van Erp »

Going back to 1.3.1. Tried every trick mentioned in this thread, can't even get a savegame with mods included. Giants, do better. Or get Focus publishing involved again, because clearly you can't do the most simple hotfix on your own.
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

Same issue here!! It's SO ANNOYING!! And it's super random. I guess I'll just keep restoring a backup of my keybindings.xml file for now. Anybody have a more permanent fix yet?
Farming since 2013
Jason06

Post by Jason06 »

Do you restart the game after adding/updating mods? I can only reproduce this issue, if I add/update mods and then enter the game without restarting it first.
aka Glowin / Glowins Modschmiede
MacBook 16'' 2019 (2,4 GHz Intel i9), Nimbus+ Controller, Realismus-Fan und Hobby-Scripter
Kiwi_Farmer

Post by Kiwi_Farmer »

I have found saving the game, exiting to the menu and then reloading the saved game restores my keybindings.
RogueDan1

Post by RogueDan1 »

This game has become a bit of a joke! I use g920 with shifter, t16000 joysticks and the x56 hotas for my key binds. I have or should I say had... custom binds for pretty much all functions. This took me hours to setup, I am now unable to play this game due to binds getting reset every time I update/download a script type mod. Its all well and good creating the game yourselves however the quality is poor compared to fs19 in the sense of user friendly. I've come to the conclusion that the quality control or testing department are ether non existent or extremely poor at their tasks due to every update including more game breaking features each time. I would like to see giants actually acknowledge the issue and address the community with the resolution to the many issues. From my experience so far I'm gutted I've wasted money on it and the season pass, I was under the impression when at point of purchase I was buying a completed game not a beta version, a lot of features seem 1/2 done or just slapped something together and called it done. I have previously enjoyed the Farming Sim games but defiantly been let down on this game as it is always a battle just to get it running correctly. So the questions...

When are the key bind issues getting fixed?
Will the future updates/patches get a thorough quality check?
Will you address issues known to the community with an action plan to solve them?
W1der

Post by W1der »

At least now we are able to somewhat detect which axis is which in the controls setup for sensitivity (by getting a visual hint when "moving the controller")... that´s a welcomed improvement ... even if other games have had this feature for a long time ...
Much room for improvement when it comes to "controller setup" in this game ... which is a key feature for the gaming experience ! :hi:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
RogueDan1

Post by RogueDan1 »

I'll guess we don't warrant a response or acknowledgement? We're only players of the game (attempting)...
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

What is it with people demanding devs responses for their custom setups??

I had issues with keybinding - because i’d assigned something which conflicted.

At the end of the day it must be really challenging for the mod makers to find a free key-combo which works for everyone.

Especially with soooo many variations and custom serups possible.

Edit: I also noted if I use the “verify game files” feature of the new updater, it often replaces files which I modified with original ones. I found this with the dedicated server config files getting reset after I’d done such. So perhaps some user-mis-understanding may also be present... :lol: