Can't go past 60% loading if Precision Farming is active

SmokeyMaroon

Re: Can't go past 60% loading if Precision Farming is active

Post by SmokeyMaroon »

Yes true Kiza98, transfer files between one another is indeed not possible or at least not through the game it self.
i often use Dropbox to share files with others. and with dedicated servers "rented ones" you get the option to send them a url with all the mods
that are running on the server and can give them even permission to login with access to mods download and gamesave download but yes that is only with dedicated servers. for own pc server dropbox or so would be a easy solution

aha so he is not able to connect to multiplayer nor single hmmm that is strange.. well for multiplayer on pc server and or on a dedicated server
with a none highlighted Start button, thats most likely a mod issue, in that case he might has a outdated mod or a mod is missing.

i hope for you that it really works for you as how it did for me. you can even just try activatingthe first row of mods
Kiza98

Post by Kiza98 »

The mod preventing the loading of the game is the precision farming mod... and this is a statement because we tried every single mod. Even if he has the exact same version as we do he can not load into the game while we can.

Plus, it seems that he can not join single player games with the precision enabled so the trouble seem to be deep.
SmokeyMaroon

Post by SmokeyMaroon »

yes then best to try will be what i posted before.
just backup the savegame folder just in case if he might load that one accidentally. and then copy all the files from inside his savegame folder into a different savegame folder
he can load that one and disable each mod, and then just activate first precision farming and then activate for example the first row of mods
and check if the game will load past 60%. if it does then let him just save the game and activate the next mods..

i did this myself but pure to see if there was maybe a different mod in the list which might cause a conflict with precision farming
i had them all activated at the end without getting stuck at 60% in the loading screen with precision farming.
after this i just logged and switchen from the test savegame to my official savegame one and strange enough it did load past 60% right away
and it even works now on a dedicated one.
Kiza98

Post by Kiza98 »

later we'll see and i'll keep you posted. Thanks for now!
Kiza98

Post by Kiza98 »

Ok guy we managed to solve it loading the game savegame in singleplayer first. It seems like the mod has to be launched first in single player to create some files (i guess), files that are mandatory for the multiplayer to load.

We just donwloaded the savegame from the server, loaded it with all the mods but no Precision Farming, then saved and exit. After we boot the game with only the precision farming activated and it seemed to work. So we finally loaded the game with all the mods and the precision farming activated: it worked.

Now he is free to join and play with us.

Thanks to everybody!