Course Play loading

acflcommie

Course Play loading

Post by acflcommie »

I cannot get Course Play to become playable.

I have downloaded the mod from the course play mod page (current version) and property put it in the mod folder in FS22.

On my PC, I load the game (which should be current because I use Steam). At the main screen, when I go to the "Downloadable Content" section and look at the Mods Installed tab, it shows Course Play is installed.

When I start a game or load up an existing one, CoursePlay is not one of the options to select to include. When the game starts, Course Play is never available. It's not on the menu tab and it does not show in the key mapping section or any other menu. I have updated and reloaded the mod a number of times, and still had no luck. Been trying this for a few months and have never had any luck.

Does anybody have any ideas?
Mwal

Re: Course Play loading

Post by Mwal »

Sounds like the mod has been installed incorrectly. What’s it say inside the courseplay zip when you open it?
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Can you post a pic of it in your mods folder?
Playing on PC and PS4
acflcommie

Post by acflcommie »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:15 pm Can you post a pic of it in your mods folder?
I am having problems getting a pic with a format the email will accept. Has rejected PNG, GIF, JPEG

Not at all familiar with this site.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

See the thread below for information on how to post pictures in the forum.
viewtopic.php?f=852&t=88819

Edit don_apple: fixed link.
Playing on PC and PS4
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

acflcommie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:34 am I cannot get Course Play to become playable.

I have downloaded the mod from the course play mod page (current version) and property put it in the mod folder in FS22.

On my PC, I load the game (which should be current because I use Steam). At the main screen, when I go to the "Downloadable Content" section and look at the Mods Installed tab, it shows Course Play is installed.

When I start a game or load up an existing one, CoursePlay is not one of the options to select to include. When the game starts, Course Play is never available. It's not on the menu tab and it does not show in the key mapping section or any other menu. I have updated and reloaded the mod a number of times, and still had no luck. Been trying this for a few months and have never had any luck.

In order for others to figure out what is going wrong it would be helpful if you could post the log.txt file if the game here (see the link "log.txt" in my signature).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
acflcommie

Post by acflcommie »

don_apple wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:57 am
acflcommie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:34 am I cannot get Course Play to become playable.

In order for others to figure out what is going wrong it would be helpful if you could post the log.txt file if the game here (see the link "log.txt" in my signature).
Learning new things here. Here is a link to my log.txt file. Hope it helps. Thanks for your patience. Trying to learn as I go.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14 ... 2.pdf.html
acflcommie

Post by acflcommie »

acflcommie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:29 am
Drmattymd wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:15 pm Can you post a pic of it in your mods folder?
I am having problems getting a pic with a format the email will accept. Has rejected PNG, GIF, JPEG

Not at all familiar with this site.

Here is at least the top part of my mods folder. Thanks!

Edit don_apple: fixed link to image.
acflcommie

Post by acflcommie »

Mwal wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:10 pm Sounds like the mod has been installed incorrectly. What’s it say inside the courseplay zip when you open it?

Here is the inside of my CoursePlay zip file.

Thanks

Edit don_apple: fixed link to image.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Ok so you have been saving courseplay to your folder directly, when you do that you need to either choose to overwrite previous or delete the old version manually. The name of the mod is important and it won’t recognize certain characters you need to remove all the old versions of courseplay and remove the (16) from the end of the zip name. Best way to do this is search courseplay in your mod folder and delete everything but the newest version then like I said remove the space parentheses and the number in the parentheses and it will work.
acflcommie

Post by acflcommie »

Mwal wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:52 am Ok so you have been saving courseplay to your folder directly, when you do that you need to either choose to overwrite previous or delete the old version manually. The name of the mod is important and it won’t recognize certain characters you need to remove all the old versions of courseplay and remove the (16) from the end of the zip name. Best way to do this is search courseplay in your mod folder and delete everything but the newest version then like I said remove the space parentheses and the number in the parentheses and it will work.
Thanks so much! Got Courseplay to load. Thought I had done that, but must removed old ones and tried again, then download another and remove the parens. Thanks so much. Have learned a lot and really appreciate all your efforts!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

No problem, glad you figured it out