Bug reports, nope.

Ekan

Bug reports, nope.

Post by Ekan »

Well, Giants, I wont send any more bugreports. The ones Ive sent in the past 6 months you'll send back and says it solved, when its not. So, find the bugs on ur own then.

Cheers :hi:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Dezza69

Re: Bug reports, nope.

Post by Dezza69 »

Maybe what bugs you (edit, added) find is specific to your setup/gameplay style/mod combinations??

Dunno - just saying.

Not every “bug” is actually a “bug”.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

They touched on this in one of the recent podcasts, I believe that can mean they are aware of the issue and your individual issue is over but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s fixed. It was an informative answer if you wanna listen to a few recent ones and hear for yourself, I believe it was a Q & A episode.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

They wipe the board clean with every patch, whether your report is acknowledged, fixed or dismissed.

I appreciate they've probably had thousands, possibly tens of thousands of bug reports, but the way to engage with their players isn't to expect them to repeatedly report the same bugs over and over again, as players will ultimately just stop reporting bugs, which is hardly a good place to be in the long term.

Instead I'd say they need a better way of compiling similar bugs (which apparently is what the bug tracker was for) then testing and fixing them, no matter how long that takes.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Mwal wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:43 am They touched on this in one of the recent podcasts, I believe that can mean they are aware of the issue and your individual issue is over but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s fixed. It was an informative answer if you wanna listen to a few recent ones and hear for yourself, I believe it was a Q & A episode.
Ok, I will *thumbsup*

Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Dezza69 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:35 am Maybe what bugs you (edit, added) find is specific to your setup/gameplay style/mod combinations??

Dunno - just saying.

Not every “bug” is actually a “bug”.
Well, most I report arent really bugs, but theres only "bug reports" to report to :lol: These gamebraking bugs are reported in houndreds anyway. I report 3d/xml misstakes and minor issues. Example: "a tractor that runs in 10 kmh when it should be 50kmh. Things like that. I fix most of these "issues" my self, but some I dont know how.

This is an example that I dont know how to fix cause I have no experience with blender/3d prog.

I still think it's worth fixing.

Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
Eische

Post by Eische »

Marking a bug as fixed might not necessarily mean that it will be fixed in the next patch. Depending on when you reported that bug, the next patch could be finalized and in internal testing already and your bug will be part of the next one after that.

But yeah, the general approach of communicating is far from ideal. This is true for many aspects, not only bug reports.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Ekan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:28 pm I still think it's worth fixing.
Thank you.

I wasn’t having a go at you - honestly those little things are worthy of reporting (and being fixed).

Thought behind my comment was more along the lines of my own experiences coming to terms with gameplay differences and not understanding the “logic” behind newly implemented elements.

... anyways, sometimes I should stay quiet.

😁 Happy Farming!!!