Map load hanging at 85%

BoxTunnel

Map load hanging at 85%

Post by BoxTunnel »

My savegame on the Western Wilds has just started becoming unresponsive at 85% loaded. This was after I'd just downloaded three mods, but even after removing them the game will still not get past 85% loaded and task manager shows the Giants engine as "not responding".

I can, however, start a new savegame on the same map with the same mods and it will load fine.

Any help would be great as I'd spent a fair bit of time setting this one up. Tried to spoiler my log.txt but apparently it's too long.
doorn869

Re: Map load hanging at 85%

Post by doorn869 »

Hello,

I had a similar issue after the new patch, but mine stopped at 95%. I took the files from savegameBackup from one of the last saves and copied it into a new save slot. This way I just lost 2 hours of game instead of the whole save, but I don't use autosave.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

My game routinely will hang at 20 50 and 85% while loading but very rarely will it not complete, it just takes a few minutes sometimes but it will finalize almost every time.
Playing on PC and PS4
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

doorn869 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:39 am Hello,

I had a similar issue after the new patch, but mine stopped at 95%. I took the files from savegameBackup from one of the last saves and copied it into a new save slot. This way I just lost 2 hours of game instead of the whole save, but I don't use autosave.
That did the job, cheers mate!