(FS22) Not recieving update 1.5/1.09 on games pass for pc

sneakybadger

(FS22) Not recieving update 1.5/1.09 on games pass for pc

Post by sneakybadger »

Hey,

With the release of the new update the other day, my dedicated server automatically updated itself to the latest version. This wouldn't be a problem but me and a few friends haven't been able to recieve the update through games pass for PC and the xbox app.

We've reset caches + services, reinstalled the game, xbox etc been jn touch with Windows but they can't help either apparently. Posting here incase somebody has ran into this problem before or an employee stumbles upon it and is able to help us out.

Cheers.
don_apple

Re: (FS22) Not recieving update 1.5/1.09 on games pass for pc

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

This is already a known issue and it is apparently up to Microsoft to fix it: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=191870&p=1511375#p1511352
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
sneakybadger

Post by sneakybadger »

I understand this is a known issue. I have been in touch with Microsoft and they say the opposite. That is is the developers responsibility to successfully push the update, apparently. Both parties just pointing at each other while the problem persists days after its onset. Some official communication would be grand
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The post Í‘ve linked to is from Stegei, who is the CTO of GIANTS. So this is official communication.

And I doubt that whoever you have been spoken to at Microsoft is actually the person who is in charge, most likely you just received some standard answer from their support.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
sneakybadger

Post by sneakybadger »

Yeah that's definitely the reason.

Appreciate the response, hopefully Microsoft get it resolved shortly!
Geephile

Post by Geephile »

Because MS will only point to the developer when dealing with users we only can turn to the developer to fix it and keep us updated.... So please supply us with an ETA on the update?
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

don_apple wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:32 am Hello and welcome to the forum!

This is already a known issue and it is apparently up to Microsoft to fix it: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=191870&p=1511375#p1511352
Not up to Microsoft to "fix it". It's up to the devs to submit it for certification. The fact that it passed for Xbox certification (the console uses the same architecture as win10) says a lot. They are on 1.5.0.0 yet PC gamepass is on 1.4.10.0 Aka they probably forgot to submit it for PC gamepass and won't own up to it. You can't blame a store host. If they submitted the update at the same time then it would be public, as it is on Xbox; which is a clear indication. So unfortunately Microsoft can't do anything about it asides wait for trash dev (tm) to submit the title update and wait for certification. Granted if it's been a week I'm sure a fix will be around June 3rd-June6th. Ig we'll see if I'm r i g h t.
wATcH whAt yOu sSAYyy the ModERAtttors nEEd to approve your posts kek. How2freespeech2022.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Unfortunately the update is still blocked by Microsoft due to an alleged conflict with their requirements. We're currently trying to figure out with them if something needs to be changed and what would need to be changed. This whole situation is extremely unfortunate since 1. we don't think our implementation is in any conflict and 2. the Xbox implementation does behave the same (which was accepted). But we are trying to get a solution as soon as possible.
Geephile

Post by Geephile »

Stegei wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:48 pm Unfortunately the update is still blocked by Microsoft due to an alleged conflict with their requirements. We're currently trying to figure out with them if something needs to be changed and what would need to be changed. This whole situation is extremely unfortunate since 1. we don't think our implementation is in any conflict and 2. the Xbox implementation does behave the same (which was accepted). But we are trying to get a solution as soon as possible.
Thanks Stegei,
although "Soon" is a very big number when it comes to waiting on things, and doesnt really say anything.
Can you guys come up
1. with a more specific timeline?
2. with a way for (tech savvy) people to obtain bits/bytes to do a manual upgrade somehow.
TRUBORE

Post by TRUBORE »

Stegei wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:48 pm Unfortunately the update is still blocked by Microsoft due to an alleged conflict with their requirements. We're currently trying to figure out with them if something needs to be changed and what would need to be changed. This whole situation is extremely unfortunate since 1. we don't think our implementation is in any conflict and 2. the Xbox implementation does behave the same (which was accepted). But we are trying to get a solution as soon as possible.
Thank you for the update, at least we know now.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The problem is that I can't really estimate the time until this is resolved as it mostly resides on Microsoft's side.
We however did submit a new build today with a 'not-really-ideal' workaround to hopefully prevent the submission to fail so you get the update before we were really able to resolve the issue. Usually it takes a few days for the submission to go through. So it will hopefully be end of this week or early next week (if the submission does pass).
Blozel

Post by Blozel »

Any new ?
JONNOO92

Post by JONNOO92 »

wow still no update? uninstalled, and no Im not using cloud gaming with a controller, couldnt think of anytrhing worse.
Geephile

Post by Geephile »

Stegei wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:12 am So it will hopefully be end of this week or early next week.
Thanks Stegei for the timeline hopefully it'll be the former. If possible please keep us updated on the timeline.
If there is a way to manually update it would be even better.
emile1920

Post by emile1920 »

Yo gang,

Update has gone live! Thanks devs!