Fastest way figuring out what mod causing an issue ?

HIRIV

Fastest way figuring out what mod causing an issue ?

Post by HIRIV »

Woodchips dont have weight, i like realism so this drives me mad. I have over 1300 mods(pc) and something is causing that woodchip literally dont have any weight ingame. Most from modhub and kingmods and couple from other sites.
Tried looking those couple obvious mods for typo or literally filltype mass of 0 but no luck.
So, is there any faster way than disabling mods one by one ? Via log or debug menu? I looked at them but my knowledge ends.

Thanks very much for any help!!

And sorry if something in my spelling doesnt make any sense, im finnish and i do rallyenglish.
loki_79

Re: Fastest way figuring out what mod causing an issue ?

Post by loki_79 »

HIRIV wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:49 am Woodchips dont have weight, i like realism so this drives me mad. I have over 1300 mods(pc) and something is causing that woodchip literally dont have any weight ingame. Most from modhub and kingmods and couple from other sites.
Tried looking those couple obvious mods for typo or literally filltype mass of 0 but no luck.
So, is there any faster way than disabling mods one by one ? Via log or debug menu? I looked at them but my knowledge ends.

Thanks very much for any help!!

And sorry if something in my spelling doesnt make any sense, im finnish and i do rallyenglish.
Usually the line causing the problem shows up as an error in the log file, but if there is nothing there to give you eny clues, then the fastest way is by binary division. That is try half of your mods, then half of whichever half still had the problem, etc..

What I usually do is make a complete backup copy of my mods folder, then create a folder on the desktop.

1) Cut and paste approximately half of your mods from the mods folder to the desktop folder and test for the problem.
2a) If the problem still occurs: delete everything in the desktop folder, and cut and paste half of the mods folder again.
2b) If the problem was fixed: delete everything in the mod folder, and cut and paste half of the other folder back in.
3) repeat until there is one mod left!
4) replace mod folder with the backup you made

log (base 2) of 1300 is 10.34, so in the worst case you would have to do this 11 times! BUT you can be selective, like trying all the script mods first, since vehicles are unlikely to cause such issues.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

HIRIV wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:49 am
I have over 1300 mods(pc)
:neutralnew: :neutralnew:

:confusednew:

:lol: !!!
raran

Post by raran »

You might want to have modfolders. It's a bit more work but then you only have the mods you want for 1 map active. I have over 2000 mods but usually no more then 100 for a particular save(map). Lots of vids on youtube on how to do it in various ways.

And usually the problem will be a scriptmod, so start with them when sorting your issue out.