Mulching and subsoiling olives

Gnfx123

Mulching and subsoiling olives

Post by Gnfx123 »

Greetings,
I have encountered a problem with mulching and subsoiling olives. The problem being that I can't seem to do either of them on my olive grove. At first I thought it was a conflict between two grass types because I worked and sowed grass onto the field that was to become the olive grove. I tried every way to mulch and subsoil but nothing. Then I removed olive trees and plowed and cultivated the field again before planting olives on it again. Same result. I tried before and after harvest, not mounting mulcher on front and subsoiler on the back but using them separately, using both tractors meant for grapes and olives. Nothing. All the same. Mulcher does, however, mulch the grass on the side of the field. I'm using the standard equipment for mulching and the 2.2m extended subsoiler modded from the base game's smaller version.
I have searched all over the internet but found no solutions as of yet, except few other players having the same issue.

Hoping for some answers,
Gnfx
Steel_Horse

Re: Mulching and subsoiling olives

Post by Steel_Horse »

Gnfx123 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:22 pm Greetings,
I have encountered a problem with mulching and subsoiling olives. The problem being that I can't seem to do either of them on my olive grove. At first I thought it was a conflict between two grass types because I worked and sowed grass onto the field that was to become the olive grove. I tried every way to mulch and subsoil but nothing. Then I removed olive trees and plowed and cultivated the field again before planting olives on it again. Same result. I tried before and after harvest, not mounting mulcher on front and subsoiler on the back but using them separately, using both tractors meant for grapes and olives. Nothing. All the same. Mulcher does, however, mulch the grass on the side of the field. I'm using the standard equipment for mulching and the 2.2m extended subsoiler modded from the base game's smaller version.
I have searched all over the internet but found no solutions as of yet, except few other players having the same issue.

Hoping for some answers,
Gnfx
Precision Farming on or off?
Gnfx123

Post by Gnfx123 »

Precision Farming is off, however a development had happened today. When I harvested the olives I couldn't do any other work on it and so I left the field be and skipped time and did some other stuff. Few months later I checked on the olives again and found that the grass was in a cut state. I think the same state looks when you've gone over with the mulcher. I attached my mulcher and it did not have any effect however the subsoiler seemed to have worked. The grass on the olives was like fully grown sowed grass in terms of looks and I couldn't do anything with it, then it somehow mulched on its own and I was able to subsoil it.
I will continue to observe.
Gnfx123

Post by Gnfx123 »

So, I think this will be last update on the matter at hand. I am able to mulch now as well. It seems that the work needed to do with olives can't be done right after you plant the olives. I think that you have to go through 1-2 harvest cycles before any work can be done on it. Not 100% sure but this is what I can conclude from my experience.

I hope this post will reach those in need of answers on this subject.

Best regards,
Gnfx