FS22 gets stuck on 10% loading when trying to join a multiplayer game

coatsy35

Re: FS22 gets stuck on 10% loading when trying to join a multiplayer game

Post by coatsy35 »

FavouriteBroom wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:18 am It was working for me yesterday and stopped working again today. So it seems the servers reset and sometimes decide to let me join and other times no. Starting to seem like Giant doesn't care about helping and just wants there money.
It does look that way when you google this issue. Would be good to have a response from them and what they are doing about it. It’s not like this is a free to play game and as I said if your in console your also paying to have online ability like Live etc… I am going to report it to Microsoft as well, surely they can look into it, perhaps it’s their end. Is this happening on PS4 as well?

Dan
Face
GIANTS Software | Lead Gameplay Programmer

Post by Face »

Hi,

we are already investigating this issue but haven't found a true reproduction case so far.

More info would help us a lot to find the issue.

I already tried different setups (server, dedi server, private, hosted, manually adjusting the gameSettings.xml etc) but without success.

We ran into the issue once but in that case it was an issue with the command prompt. The cursor was active in the command window and that halted the server.
coatsy35

Post by coatsy35 »

In my case I setup the game on my PC and load in and can play. My son on his fully updated Xbox One X finds me on the list and joins using the correct password (my game is set to auto join). His Xbox then just sits at 10%. When it does work as others have said the percentage wheel starts juddering and the sound stops then it starts loading past 10%. Currently I tell him to just press Y and quit and redo join game and after so many attempts he manages to join. I have had a whole evening of him not being able to though. And I have tried restarting my game just to see if that was the cause of it, to no avail

Dan
Face

Post by Face »

do you have an ipv6 public ip?

https://www.showmyip.com/

what's your ISP?
coatsy35

Post by coatsy35 »

Face wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:37 pm do you have an ipv6 public ip?

https://www.showmyip.com/

what's your ISP?
Hi I'm a IPv4 address and my ISP is Gigaclear Limited (FTTP)
TonaldDrump

Post by TonaldDrump »

Is there still no fix to this issue? I’ve been having this issue for almost 2 months now on a paid dedicated server. Im able to join and connect one day and then the next 2-3 days I can’t, I’m stuck at 10% in the loading screen everytime.
Face

Post by Face »

We are still searching for the issue. Can you please give us more info:

1. Where do you live (country) ?
2. At what time does the error happens at most?
3. What platform ?
4. How long do you wait before canceling the loading (after 30sec there should be a automatic timeout and error message)
5. Do you play on a dedicated server or does it also happen in normal multiplayer games
6. If it is a dedicated server? What's the name of the hoster?
coatsy35

Post by coatsy35 »

Hi,

I’m based in Oxfordshire, UK.

Seeing it on XBox One X. Generally after 5:30pm. There is no timeout. It just hangs on 10% eventually we get bored and exit out using Y and then try again. After quite few tries generally we get it to connect. The odd night we’ve not managed it but the next days it’s fine. My PC however connects fine all the time

This is happening on Normal multiplayer. We have now got a dedicated server and not see it since, although it takes ages after starting FS on the Xbox for it to see the server on the list. The server is always running. Server provider g-portal.com

Dan
Nath74k

Post by Nath74k »

I'm having the same issue.
I play on PC and my girlfriend on PS5.
I tried creating the server and her joining but she gets stuck on 10%, and I tried every fix possible.
We also tried her creating the server on PS5 and me joining, but I also get stuck on 10%.

We're quite bummed by it, especially since we bought two copies of the games especially because cross-play is possible and we really wanted to play the game together.
I really hope a fix will be found.
Face

Post by Face »

Nath74k wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:13 pm I'm having the same issue.
I play on PC and my girlfriend on PS5.
I tried creating the server and her joining but she gets stuck on 10%, and I tried every fix possible.
We also tried her creating the server on PS5 and me joining, but I also get stuck on 10%.

We're quite bummed by it, especially since we bought two copies of the games especially because cross-play is possible and we really wanted to play the game together.
I really hope a fix will be found.

Mods?
Wifi?
Internet Connection?
Internet Provider?
SuperDuper2414

Post by SuperDuper2414 »

Sorry my english.
Hi guys,i have solved the problem with 10% stuck on xbox. First of all i tried to join my friends server,hes on pc and the host. So yes,everytime i joined him,my loading screen stuck at 10%. Then We have tried dedicated,but he was the host. Sometimes i was able to join him instantly. Sometimes in 20th time only. Was watching all ad movies ant etc,what people told me. But one day was scrolling the internet and found one person who solved the problem. So i wrote him and he sayed first of all i need to be the host. We tried DeDiCaTED!!!
So he gave me a link on a g-portal.com web. But for and xbox server(crossplay).
Before, my friend on pc had a dedicated server on other website. Forgot the name. Crossplay ofc.
So i created a server on that website,but dunno how to explain,but in the host with xbox logo on website server. And from that day, like 2-3months. Never had a problem with that 10% stuck.
If you have any questions or smth be free to ask. I'll try to help. I know the pain,when you can join the server and next day nothing..
coatsy35

Post by coatsy35 »

Yes I have a Gportal server and always connects perfectly. And probably the best value out there as well
Cybolord

Post by Cybolord »

Face wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:04 am We are still searching for the issue. Can you please give us more info:

1. Where do you live (country) ?
- Germany, DE
2. At what time does the error happens at most?
- Everytime, unable to join FS22 server
3. What platform ?
- Debian 10 "Buster" with WINE v7 running FS22 (Standard License)
4. How long do you wait before canceling the loading (after 30sec there should be a automatic timeout and error message)
- No timeout at Client, No Log entries in server (game.log nor server.log)
5. Do you play on a dedicated server or does it also happen in normal multiplayer games
- Dedicated server v9.1.0.0
6. If it is a dedicated server? What's the name of the hoster?
- Netcup Hosting (private Root Server)
- Firewall is disabled for testing purposes
- no mods installed yet (plain vanilla dedicated server)

Kind Regards from Cologne
Cybolord

Post by Cybolord »

...in the meantime I could find a hint to the autoAccept parameter...

--> where is the correct path to the control file for a dedicated FS22 server, please?
if I enter "autoAccept=true" in the gameSettings.xml, this seems to have no effect?!
Cybolord

Post by Cybolord »

...this may be ridiculous but fixed it finally for me:

just changed the dedicated Server Port from 10823 to 10824 and everything starts working like a charme :/