Stuttering on Xbox Series X

Lexie

Re: Stuttering on Xbox Series X

Post by Lexie »

Mauser5826 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:57 pm Yep that was one of the solutions I came across, but it doesn't give me that option on the TV so not sure if I'm doing something wrong or my TV doesn't support it?
Most tv's don't support AMD Free Sync, I get myself a monitor for this.
Batdan94

Post by Batdan94 »

This problem is also present on PS5. I bought a 4K Tv last year (doesn't have freesync or anything) and it's extremely noticeable compared with my old HD TV. I have to manually cut most of the trees on Calmsden, or any map, to play without a constant flicking when near/looking at trees. Its a nightmare, every other game I have is perfectly fine, ahh! I thought I was the only one with this as I looked on YouTube and couldn't find anything
Mauser5826

Post by Mauser5826 »

I'm also on PS5 now and yep its still there iv had to come away from the game as its unplayable and it doesn't look like GIANT are even bothered to respond to this issue, disgusting really.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I have the same issues on PC with pretty good setup, i5 11400f, 16gb ram, RTX 3070ti, SSD m.2 nvme, this has been the same issue in FS17 and 19 as well.
Since Giants said that they will not move to a newer/better game engine and they will continue using Giants engine, i expect that this issue will remain in future FS games.
The only fix seems to be, stop buying their DLCs and future games and supporting them.
With less income, maybe they will come to senses and finally address this issue (or not).
Or either, get used to fps drops.
Mauser5826

Post by Mauser5826 »

bojanh66 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:01 pm I have the same issues on PC with pretty good setup, i5 11400f, 16gb ram, RTX 3070ti, SSD m.2 nvme, this has been the same issue in FS17 and 19 as well.
Since Giants said that they will not move to a newer/better game engine and they will continue using Giants engine, i expect that this issue will remain in future FS games.
The only fix seems to be, stop buying their DLCs and future games and supporting them.
With less income, maybe they will come to senses and finally address this issue (or not).
Or either, get used to fps drops.
I totally agree. For them not to even respond is disgusting. Certainly wont be purchasing any more content if this isn't going to be addressed.
Its a shame, as I have said, as its was the best game I had ever played in long time, I would have brought every bit of content if it wasn't for this issue. No chance now, Hopefully it will spread and then more people will just shelve the game and then they will have a choice to make, saw it happen with the Division 2, people in their droves just dropped the game because the Devs didn't listen. I have returned the games back to the store as faulty and they thankfully gave me credit
Batdan94

Post by Batdan94 »

Any reason why YouTube play throughs don't have this issue? Particularly MrSealyP. Love his channel/videos but visually never seems to have any flickering and he plays PS5 though on the same maps as I've tried. Is there something we're doing wrong?
Mauser5826

Post by Mauser5826 »

Yes I like to watch his channels also. I wasn't suffering this issue at all then out of the blue it started. I have been told you can sort it with variable rate if its available on your monitor or TV. I have been watching another you tuber who has also started experiencing this issue but there is a lot more you can do to kind of get rid of it on PC. I've done so much to try and correct this on console and nothing has worked.

It shouldn't be happening, I have never come across this issue, didn't even know what it was at first. I have since played more intense higher paced games with absolute no issues at all. Even flight simulator and that was as smooth as I could expect for console & 60Hz 4k TV
Batdan94

Post by Batdan94 »

I feel like it may be related to the latest update? I can't remember having this problem before, or at least it wasn't noticeable.

Shame we can delete the update on console to find out