Stuttering on Xbox Series X

DisbarredCoast

Stuttering on Xbox Series X

Post by DisbarredCoast »

Hello! I recently bought FS22 as my first entry into the series and have been having a lot of fun so far. However, on my Xbox Series X, I have been encountering horrendous and quite frequent stuttering and frame rate drops near my farm. As I just recently started, I only have a few tractors and a couple of implements, but every time I move around my farm, or even look in the direction of my farm from a distance, I get lots of stuttering and fps drops. Adding AI into the mix makes it worse but that is to be expected. I emailed Giants Software and detailed my issues and asked if this was a known bug and whether or not it would be addressed in the future. In return I got what sounded like an automated email back asking for videos of the problem and so I don't expect to get any solid answers from them. Is anybody else experiencing this stuttering? If so, do you think it will be fixed in the near future? As someone completely new to this series I have no idea at how reliable the developers are at resolving issues but I hope it will be fixed soon because it has been very frustrating to play. Thanks!

Edit don_apple: topic moved from "General Discussion" to "Technical Support".
Dazzler295

Re: Stuttering on Xbox Series X

Post by Dazzler295 »

I've been having similar issues on Series X too. I use very small amount of Mods but also face this when playing with no Mods. I find it happens more when tree's are around.
Farmer BarleyMow

Post by Farmer BarleyMow »

You better get used to it.
It's been like it since day one & Giants have done nothing to rectify it & my guess is they never will.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Agree with the above, I’ve been suffering it since day one too, it’s been reported to Giants a few times but they don’t seem to care. They’ve got our money now, why should they fix it? :shock:
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

This is a wellknown issue. I made several bug reports, but it's have never been fixed .
The only solution is to use a display with support 120hz and AMD Freesync.
It will not be perfect, but at least you will not see the stutters.

If you look in the direction of the farm, FPS wil drop below 60, like 55 - 59 and this will give stutters on 60hz displays.
With Freesync it will be synced in the Freesyc range, for example between 48 - 120hz and you will not see stutters.

But this has to be solved by Giants, it's stupid they just ignore this and not solving this at all.
Even a 30FPS mode is better on a 60hz display than those stutters.
Dazzler295

Post by Dazzler295 »

Lexie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:20 pm This is a wellknown issue. I made several bug reports, but it's have never been fixed .

If you look in the direction of the farm, FPS wil drop below 60, like 55 - 59 and this will give stutters on 60hz displays.
With Freesync it will be synced in the Freesyc range, for example between 48 - 120hz and you will not see stutters.

But this has to be solved by Giants, it's stupid they just ignore this and not solving this at all.
I would take the 30FPS mode at the moment as not in a position to get a TV with the features able to do the above.

It's playable and only happens as you say when in the direction of the farm or sometimes when loads of tree's are in view. It's not constant so I get on with it, would just be nice for it to be fixed.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Dazzler295 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:48 pm
Lexie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:20 pm This is a wellknown issue. I made several bug reports, but it's have never been fixed .

I would take the 30FPS mode at the moment as not in a position to get a TV with the features able to do the above.
Me too. I refuse to replace a perfectly good TV for the sake of one game with a graphical problem, 30fps mode would make the experience much more pleasant.

It seems to be worse on some maps, I really want to play Westbridge Hills but the stuttering on there is awful. (Not blaming the map) Honestly, there’s a lot that I like about FS22 but I am staring to consider going back to 19 because it doesn’t make me feel sick.

Trying to contact Giants about it is pointless, they obviously know about the problem but don’t care.
Dazzler295

Post by Dazzler295 »

[/quote]

Me too. I refuse to replace a perfectly good TV for the sake of one game with a graphical problem, 30fps mode would make the experience much more pleasant.

It seems to be worse on some maps, I really want to play Westbridge Hills but the stuttering on there is awful. (Not blaming the map) Honestly, there’s a lot that I like about FS22 but I am staring to consider going back to 19 because it doesn’t make me feel sick.

Trying to contact Giants about it is pointless, they obviously know about the problem but don’t care.
[/quote]

I was tempted to pick up FS19 for the time being as this was my first experience to Farm Sim and it's a shame as the stuttering can be annoying at times. I really like the game as a whole and this is really my only gripe so far.

Have only tried the base game maps and it's happening on Elm Creek and Haut Beyleron. Yet to test Erlengrat.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

On all the default maps the stutters are there. I purchased a AOC game monitor besides my tv, much cheaper. On this monitor I enabled the fps counter, and it was clear the stutters came from a below 60 fps. There are micro stutters, noticable when driving incab (mirrors are causing this) and bigger stutters, for example around the farm. I provide this info many times to Giants with bugreports, but they all where closed with maybe solved with new patch or they said they where not able to reproduce.

A simple test on monitor with fps counter makes perfect clear what the problem is. Before I had a PS4, FS17 was also a stutter fest, FS19 was more fluid. The FS22 stutter problerm exist on both series S and X, so I do not believe it's a performance issue of the consoles. I don't know how the PS5 is performing right now, but I'm afraid this is a engine problem or bad development. The fact they don't want to recognise the problem (and all others) seems to tell me they do not know what they are doing. With new patches they introduce new bugs and sellings additional content seems to be more important.
FusionSniping

Post by FusionSniping »

Last edited by FusionSniping on Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Yep, had it sine the day the game was released, and Giants dont care enough to fix it, i ended up getting a new top end TV to fix it, with VRR it does fix 99% of the issue, but shouldnt have to go down that road to play a bloody game
    XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
    pinpoint76

Post by pinpoint76 »

I've posted this before on other forums. I play on series s and the stutter was unbearable. I bought a Samsung TV with freesync not knowing what it was a year before I bought my series console. I hook my series s up to the TV and get 120hz refresh which has made the game playable. There are still frame drops but not enough to bother my eyes like before. Giants needs to get this game optimized there is no reason for a game to run like this on new consoles with the power they have. I do enjoy the game though been playing since FS15 on consoles.
    Xbox Series S :biggrin2:
    Mauser5826

Post by Mauser5826 »

Long shot but unsure if anyone is still experiencing this as from the dates on the posts. I'm now experiencing this and its just ruined a whole enjoyable game. Was there ever any resolve?

Cheers
    Lexie

Post by Lexie »

No, has not been resolved. Only solition is to use a vrr free sync display.
    Mauser5826

Post by Mauser5826 »

Yep that was one of the solutions I came across, but it doesn't give me that option on the TV so not sure if I'm doing something wrong or my TV doesn't support it?