Game is pretty much unplayable on my iMac

Bunky

Game is pretty much unplayable on my iMac

Post by Bunky »

okay, here's the story. FS22 used to run fairly well, but for the last couple of weeks or so it's been unplayable. I'm on a 2019 iMac, so i don't expect WinTel monster gaming rig performance, but as i mentioned, it used to work fine.

There are various scenarios.
  • The game crashes randomly while starting, before i see the 'career, downloadable content etc.
  • After I pick a save game to play, it will crash, usually at 16-17%
  • After i pick a save game to play, it will lock up, at 20%, 50%, 60%, 70% or 85%
  • If i actually get into my save game, often my vehicles are missing parts, generally tires. sometimes they will run with 'invisible' tires/tracks, and sometimes they act like they are missing a wheel and drag along if it can move at all. Other times, it just crashes the game.
  • A couple of times i would get into a game, and my computer would crash completely.
i've attached a log file that locked up at 50% while loading. i've tried starting new games with and without mods, copied an existing game and tried to start it with no mods and it makes no difference. i've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no change. reboot the computer, no change. Ive done the 'hold shift while starting' and evaluated the files, but it passed that.

help!
Attachments
log.txt
latest log file
(106.46 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
EUROFARMER22

Re: Game is pretty much unplayable on my iMac

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

I am not supprised, your log file is full of errors. I also noticed you have many maps in your mods folder. You should have one mod folder for every modded map. You have too many mods. You should only keep the mods you will using. There is no need to have all those mods and the worst part? Some of them are full of errors.
You should try play the game with the minimum mods you can, and make sure you won't have more than one map in your mods folder. Start by removing mods from your mods folder, some of them conflicting with some others.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Bunky

Post by Bunky »

Thanks for the reply. i knew there were a lot of errors, but they weren't consistent. either way, removed all mods, added ~100 from the mod hub (no external ones) and left one map, one i hadn't played before. started the game, added the mods and the game started great. got some new equipment, reset keybinds etc. and started moving equipment into position and the game crashed. when i went to restart, i got the "error
; data files corrupt. Please reinstall application.' Is there an unofficial limit to mods, or do you think this is another issue?
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Did you start a new game or continued a saved one? If it is the second, then you should start a new game. Most of the times, if you see "data files corrupted", by deleting the save game and starting a new one the problem will be solved.
Let me know the results.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Bunky

Post by Bunky »

i'll give it a go, but it was a brand new map (to me, stone creek 22) and a brand new game. the only modded game i have in the mod folder now. i was seeing that same error lately resulting in 5 or 6 reinstalls in the last couple of weeks.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Bunky wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:11 pm but it was a brand new map (to me, stone creek 22)
Is Stone Creek a mix from Stone Valley and Elm Creek? Cuz i never heard of it.
Bunky

Post by Bunky »

my bad, it was stone valley 22, not stone creek.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Bunky wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:20 pm my bad, it was stone valley 22, not stone creek.
No problem, i was just wondering, cuz i like stone valley and elmcreek, so i thought maybe there is a mix of those maps. Cuz that would be nice :P
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

I have about the same computer. I’m thinking hardware problem. I have about 100 mods and 12 or so maps with NO problems. BUT there have been times when a mod would cause strange errors and crashes. Been farming for 4 years on macs. About all you can do is find a map that will load well, and then start adding mods 1 at a time. If you have a computer store nearby you might see if they can run some hardware tests, etc. you can also run Apple diagnostics at boot time by doing this:

Intel processor
Turn on your Mac, then immediately press and hold the D key on your keyboard as your Mac starts up.
Release when you see a progress bar or you're asked to choose a language.

The only hardware problem I’ve had since 2008 and over 14 macs is a macbook pro that ran hot and melted part of the video card! Loved that mac.
Bunky

Post by Bunky »

okay, update: i took the advice of euro farmer and basically started over. it was working okay with 100+ mods and a couple of maps. then i upped my ram to 32GB and its now running fine with 128 mods and whenever i add a new one, i check my log for a few logins, once i'm in game and haven't seen any errors for the most part. if i do, i'll remove the last mod. part of my problem was i couldn't tell which mod was creating the error, but i guess i'll live with that.