terrain leveling resets

Boggy8613

terrain leveling resets

Post by Boggy8613 »

I feel like I have had this problem for a little bit, but mostly just ignored it. Example being on the Green Valley, Nebraska map I recently made myself a huge fish production area and the delivery grates sink into the terrain and so I have to lower the terrain each time I load into the game. Takes a couple minutes and in the grand scheme of a 6-8 hour playthrough, not a huge deal.
That said, I seem to have an issue than when I place any object, modded or not, if I let the game auto level when I place the object, or I level the terrain before placing the object, when I save, quit, and come back in, the 'terraforming' that was done has been completely reset to whatever original slopes and contours were in place. I have tried re-installing; I have put every single mod in a different folder, aka no mods loaded and tested on Elm Creek with default buildings and it is still doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Boggy8613

Re: terrain leveling resets

Post by Boggy8613 »

I was unsure how to edit my post to add my log, but I think I have it uploaded successfully via this reply. I think it is a 'terrain.heightmap' issue, which I had at the end of 2021, but haven't experienced since. I don't even see that 'code line' in any of my backup save games anymore. I thought that patch 1.3 or something had resolved that issue for me.
Attachments
log.txt
(358.96 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
MK_McD

Re: terrain leveling resets

Post by MK_McD »

You seem to be using OneDrive. I've heard of some people having issues with it.
You might want to move the Savegames to a different location.