Niewbie help with courseplay (FS22)

JJPHG

Niewbie help with courseplay (FS22)

Post by JJPHG »

Yes I'm new to both FS and courseplay.

I'm having huge problems getting courseplay to work effectively when harvesting - particularly potatoes.

For example today I set up a course on a nice square field with an easy up/down course and no headland. No objects (trees etc) in the way.

Out of the 10 trips by the combine only 4 worked. The first 2 trips (full) it just sat there. Ok the trailer mighthave been a bit far away on the first fill but the 2nd it reached its fill point only 6 waypoints from the trailor.. On the third trip it crasheed into the trailor and got stuck. The 4th and 5th worked ( :-D ) but on the 6th the trailor (well tractor) was stuck in a slow very tight circle (full) after the 5th trip so the combine couldn't find a trailor to empty too. The 7th and 8th were crashes into the trailor again whilst the 9th and 10th worked fine.

Not sure what info is needed to help but here are some of the vehicle (Ventor 4150) settings
Only turn on field - deactivated
Avoid Fruit - activated
Allow reverse for pathfinding - activated
Allow using pathfinder in turns - activated
Stop while unloading - activated
Unload on first headland - activated

Can anybody suggest how this can be a more enjoyable and automated process. I might as well do a manual harvesting at this rate.

Thanks

PS If anybody want files attaching etc you will have to tell me which ones exactly and how to do it - sorry, I've no idea

Edit don_apple: topic moved from „General Discussion“ to „Technical Support“, since it is about technical issues with a mod and not the game itself.
Drmattymd

Re: Niewbie help with courseplay (FS22)

Post by Drmattymd »

I would start by adding headlands to give more room
Playing on PC and PS4
JJPHG

Post by JJPHG »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:00 pm I would start by adding headlands to give more room
I'll try but I have heaps of space round the side - I've landscaped it and removed all trees etc and even the Ventor 4150 can turn off the field without any issues
JJPHG

Post by JJPHG »

Tried with 4 headland rows.

Again dismal success rate with the combine crashing into the trailor most times. Did a harvest of oats earlier and there were no problems - just seems to be an issue with potato harvesting
JJPHG

Post by JJPHG »

For anybody that stumbles across this thread I've figured out the combine just sitting there problem. I had joined 2 field together but not created a single custom field. So when the combine stopped in a different (original) field boundary to the trailor it wouldn't see it and just sit there. Making a single CF solved that problem. Now I just need somebody to help me sort out the frequent crashing into trailor issue on unload (angle set at 15 should anybody ask)
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

JJPHG wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:49 am For anybody that stumbles across this thread I've figured out the combine just sitting there problem. I had joined 2 field together but not created a single custom field. So when the combine stopped in a different (original) field boundary to the trailor it wouldn't see it and just sit there. Making a single CF solved that problem. Now I just need somebody to help me sort out the frequent crashing into trailor issue on unload (angle set at 15 should anybody ask)
More often than not when I encounter a problem like this, I have found it to be an issue with the modded equipment more often than courseplay. In creating modded variations, modders often dont understand all the detailed nuances and miss settings. Easy enough to do with the general lack of documentation. This can mean the course chosen by courseplay doesnt work because the vehicles are not quite where courseplay thinks they are.

Experimenting with the offset settings in courseplay can help a lot in avoiding collisions, as can changing turn speed and some of the settings that alter how courseplay picks routes.
On potato harvesters the unload chute is very easy to catch on the trailer. Sometimes just moving the offset on the unloader a couple of tenths further away makes all the difference