Farming Simulator 2017 Crashing at Start (STEAM), will list what all I have done to try to fix it

Nathanaelfarmer01

Farming Simulator 2017 Crashing at Start (STEAM), will list what all I have done to try to fix it

Post by Nathanaelfarmer01 »

I am at the point I have no idea what to do what so ever.... I can run FS11,13,19,22 but not 17

I have tried the following -

SFC Scannow
Reinstall the game four times
Change the version of the game
Put the game on a different drive
Disable Anti-Virus
Restart PC
Run compatibly mode
Verify the files
Remove all fs17 files from my computer then start fresh
I have done the "fix Steam folder"
Run as administrator
Stop all other tasks
Make sure it's ran off of my 3050 Ti
Made sure I have enough ram in which I have plenty (32 GB)
log.txt
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Also there is the Log

So yeah I have no idea what so ever on how to make it work
don_apple

Re: Farming Simulator 2017 Crashing at Start (STEAM), will list what all I have done to try to fix it

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Does the game start if you disable the WiFi connection/disconnect the network from the PC? If yes, then this is a bug in the game in relation to newer Intel processors, which most likely won't be fixed anymore: viewtopic.php?f=896&t=182478
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Nathanaelfarmer01

Re: Farming Simulator 2017 Crashing at Start (STEAM), will list what all I have done to try to fix it

Post by Nathanaelfarmer01 »

Wow.............. yeah that works alright! Well I don't need the internet anyway to play but at least it's working now! Thank you!
karmanov

Post by karmanov »

Hi, I have a 12th GEN Intel CPU & get same problem with my Farming Simulator 17 in STEAM

I found a solution yesterday.. You need to create a Windows Firewall "Outbound Rule", which block ANY connections for your game Application

1. Open "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security" & go to "Outbound Rules" page in left side menu
2. Create new Outbound Rule:
2.1. Rule type: Program
2.2. Program: select .exe file of game in steam directory
(\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 17\x64\FarmingSimulator2017Game.exe)
2.3. Action: Block the connection
2.4. Profile: all selected
2.5. Name: as you wish

After this - game will start normally, but multiplayer will not works. So.. you need to modify your previously created Firewall Outbound Rule (select it & press "preperties"):
1. IN opened window > Go to "Scope" page
2. IN "Remote IP address" option > Use selection "These IP addresses" > Click Add...
3. IN "This IP address or subnet:" insert IP address of farming-simulator.com website ( 195.201.15.2 ).
3.1. You can check IP address of this website using CMD with command: ping farming-simulator.com
4. Click Apply & OK

Now, your Farming Simulator will start normally & multiplayer will works also :) (we tested it with my brother)
richard-muvirimi

Post by richard-muvirimi »

Just add to your user environment variables

key:
OPENSSL_ia32cap

value:
:~0x20000000
Shawnster4

Post by Shawnster4 »

PROBLEM FIXED
Please press the Windows+R key combination on the desktop and enter: "SystemPropertiesAdvanced" (without quotation marks)

Confirm this with “OK”.
In the next window, select the “Advanced” tab and then “Environmental Variables”.

At the bottom of “System Variables” please click on the “New” field and enter the following codes into the fields:

Variable name:OPENSSL_ia32cap
Value of the variable: ~0x20000000

Confirm with “OK” and restart the PC. The game should now start.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

I'm just bumping this thread to give a shout out to the members above who posted the solution to this major problem, and to confirm that this fix does indeed absolutely work.

I fought for months trying to figure out this problem and got nowhere. Giants completely ignored my requests for tech support. I had to give up on 17 and quit playing it.

Now it works perfectly. Thank you all so much. I hope everyone else who has been locked out by this problem can find this thread and get back to their games.