Helper gap

Dave8220

Helper gap

Post by Dave8220 »

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me which parametr i need to change in .xml or .i3d to get this gap smaller / narrower? This gap is very big against other cultivators while i am using a helper.

Thanks.
TheGazbeard

Re: Helper gap

Post by TheGazbeard »

You might find that gap stops if you run a few manual headland passes around the field, or across the ends where the helper turns around.

It's easier if you use courseplay as you can set how many headland circuits to make before doing the ups and downs rows.

You'll need to experiment with each trailed tool and tractor combination to know how many headlands to apply, as each has their own turning radius and reverse driving restrictions.

All this is as per real life farming - remember on British style fields you have cultivated area boundaries up tight against drystone fieldwalls that you cannot simply drive through, therefore headland circuits are mandatory to be able to turn your tractor and tool combo.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

The reason helpers keep a large gap, is to help with turning the machinery. On the default maps the developers kept that in mind, when they created the fields. They leave a large enough gap between the end of the field and the road/obstacle. If you don't want to use Courseplay, you need to manually cultivate the existing gaps. Another factor in this matter is the size of the equipment. A cultivator that is directly connected and lifted behind the tractor, leaves a smaller gap to the edge. Then a trailed cultivator.
Eische

Post by Eische »

It is not something you can change in the xml of the cultivator.

In your picture it looks like there is a road on the map? So not a painted one, right?
If it is not a painted road it has specific collision defined. This can be adjusted via GE in the map.i3d file.
There is a specific collision bit that determines if an ai worker is recognizing that road as an obstacle or not. In your case it looks like the road is recognized as obstacle and the worker leaves a gap to not drive over this road. Of course using different cultivators this gap will be different.

In FS19 it was bit 5 in the collision mask. Not sure if it still the same in FS22.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker