#12731 - Unable to connect to MP when having 84 or more mods installed

Funkerberg

#12731 - Unable to connect to MP when having 84 or more mods installed

Post by Funkerberg »

Starting the game with 160 mods and clicking on multiplayer gives the error "Unable to connect to server"
Tested for faulty mod by sorting mods by size ascending and deleting mods until the error didn't appear anymore which happened after deleting all mods smaller than 20.000KB. Manually reinstalling the mods every time in equal batches and trimming them down to test which batch contained the possibly faulty mod yielded no significant result as every batch yielded the error message as the result as long as the batch took the total modcount above 83. Sorting by size descending or date modified (pseudo-random) and doing the same procedure yielded the same results.

Have 84 or more mods installed when starting the game and selecting multiplayer from the main menu or have 83 or less mods installed and downloading the missing mods from the game menu/server details as long as the final modcount exceeds 84.

Singleplayer with all mods works without issues.
I seem to be the only one with this issue in my group.
Modfolder location has been changed from default to be on my game library SSD with ~150GB free space remaining by editing gameSettings.xml.
System specs detailed in log files.
Mods not available via modhub are installed manually each time and were provided by our server admin.

log_allfiles details starting the game with all ~160 mods installed and selecting multiplayer.
log_84files details starting the game with 84 mods installed and selecting multiplayer.
log_83files details starting the game with 83 mods installed, selecting multiplayer, viewing the details of our dedicated server and downloading the missing mods via modhub. Exiting the download screen with Esc brings be back to the main menu. When selecting multiplayer again I get the error message. Doesn't matter if the download has been completed or not.

Game has been reinstalled twice and verified twice as a first measure after checking for connectivity issues in the process of figuring out why I get the error.
Attachments
log_allfiles.txt
(19.34 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
log_84files.txt
(11.81 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
log_83filesandloading.txt
(30.21 KiB) Downloaded 16 times